Model Cars Magazine Forum

Bare Metal T Sedan - Not so Ratty Rat Rod

Impalow

This has been one of the most inspirational and innovative builds to follow while under construction.There will surely be a lot of rods taking tips and ideas from this one.Thanks for taking all the extra time to take the photos and post the techniques you used to create it.

Innovative and creative build (thanks for sharing all the steps) and a fantastic result. The subject is a bit crazy for my taste, but the execution is so awesome that I'm immediately drawn in. The stencil-cut frame grabbed me at first, but once you got to the scratchbuilt luggage-rack gas tank, my mind was properly blown. Oh, then the dashboard. And the foiled body...and the wood interior bracing... I'm almost sad to see this one finished, because I enjoyed watching the build process so much.

Oh, and the other two are sweet builds too. All hits, nary a miss in the bunch!

Thank you all for the kind words and compliments.... now i got to figure out how to top this one... :unsure:

I have no doubt you'll find a way top top this Eric, you're no one-hit wonder with this kind of skill! I loved watching it come together, and still can't get past the steamer trunk/gas tank, that was a stroke of genius!