Model Cars Magazine Forum

Classy Fleet Trucks

Really some beautiful pics being shown here.  Great looking rigs. 

Being in Europe, I very rarely see much other than standard issue units.  I'm gonna keep my eyes out now though.  Probably a waste of time.  The Dutch have some cool trucks though.  Dutch, that's DAF-land.

Interesting when the rear wheels turn with the front wheels in unison.  I was riding behind a big garbage truck this morning and that big stinker made some real sharp turns in the old city!  Should I make some pics?

• 2 weeks later...

Here in Indiana I see some Steelcase trucks they are based out of Grand Rapids MI. 

Steelcase-NBS-DSCN1251.DL_.jpg

Aha!  Steelcase was the first company I thought of when I saw this thread.  All high end Petes! They had a unit like this that had a display of the latest office furniture in the trailer. It went on tour of dealerships and major customers.

Here's a company that I used to do business with... Izzi Rigging.  All high end Petes with lots of chrome. All maintained perfectly and every driver took great pride in their truck. They participated in a lot of trucking events and shows too.   Click on the link and you'll see a slide show of some of their trucks..

http://www.izzirigging.com/files2/about2.nxg