Model Cars Magazine Forum

31 Ford Steam Punk Rod

talon63

This is such a cool idea! Can't wait to see more. 

I've heard the term Steam Punk being thrown but only recently researched it in detail....I love it! I wonder how hotrodding might have evolved in the 30's/40's if Henry Ford perfected the steam engine and used it instead of the legendary Flathead V8.....  

Point well taken.I notice what looks like a shortened pick up bed piece.We're you thinking about adding it on the back for extra fuel storage?Since most early sedans did not have any place for luggage many used accessory trunks mounted over the rear gas tanks on platforms for extra storage.

• 2 months later...

Minor update. Finally got back to this one. Tidied up the front suspension, and it's working! Just need to tie the drag link back to the cowl side. Interior is in place and complete except for steering wheel and column. Getting ready to fit the boiler and piping and mount the body and hinge and mount the doors. 

SAM_0504.thumb.JPG.c234ab929423b8c0ade82SAM_0505.thumb.JPG.25926fb82eea7b7422ff9

As always, comments welcome and thanks for looking!