Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT/MPC Dodge Deora

The Deora was build number two since returning to the hobby this year. I built one as a kid and wanted to build another as an adult. It came out way better this time around!! Built straight out of the box just painted and detailed. The rear roll pan took some pieces of flat narrow plastic stock and filling to look decent. I glued the the windshield and door shut. The hinge for the windshield is wonky and I remember on my first attempt at this kit years ago it didn't finish off very clean. The front roll pan was left off. I didn't think it looked all that great installed and there was no way I could come up with for cementing it in place, filling the the gaps, and still being able to install the chassis. On the shelf it doesn't look any different without it. I took creative liberty and didn't paint the exhaust outlets black like the 1:1 show car. I thought it looked cleaner with them body color. Let me know what you guys think. Always working on taking the skills to the next level.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 1

• 6 years later...