Model Cars Magazine Forum

Anyone remember old paint cans?

Going through some stuff and I found these old cans. I remember using this actual can of blue to build my first JoHan '69 Roadrunner when I was about 12, (1982ish ?). Remember when Testors only had about 15 spray colors?

20151203_183240.jpeg

I'm pretty sure I've got a whole box full of these old cans around somewhere.

The paint was barely usable when it was fresh, I'll bet it's some wonderful stuff now! :D

Steve

• 4 years later...

If I could catch a whiff of that old AMT spray lacquer, I bet it would immediately trigger some long lost childhood memories. I remember liking them cuz being hotter they laid down better than the Testors rattlecan enamels. They had interesting colors too....I remember my bro' painting his Revell 57 Chevy "Aztec Gold"...and his Revell Roth Road Agent "Orchid Silk".

Here is what I still have sitting on the shelf, I have a few more cans but no other style labels... 1 pretty new can and then a scatter from 80’s and 90’s I think for the rest

A099662D-8433-401A-BB00-417E0EF5B542.jpeg

Edited by SCRWDRVR

13 hours ago, Bucky said:

One interesting thing I've noticed is these old cans are not leaking out the bottom.

I've heard that can be an issue, I guess I'm just lucky (knock on wood) I've only ever had one leak like that.

• 1 year later...