Model Cars Magazine Forum

TOMYTEC Nissan Cedric Gloria Wagon V20 Deluxe 1/35

Erik Smith

Great looking molds. I have a couple of very fine 1.32nd kits from Tomy and I'm wondering if Tomytec is  the same company with a new name.

I think maybe they are also they same company that are behind the Tomica die-cast toy cars. I have a VW baywindow bus somewhere from Tomica, it is about 1:64ish scale I think.

These look about mid 80's vehicles to me. I'm no expert, but....

The wagon deluxe and the Police version are the Y30 , which was in production from 1983-1987, but the wagons were built tell 1999

The Standard wagon(white box art)and the Military version,  is the 430 version which was in production from 1979-1983.

The Cedric was the Japanese Crown Vic, and the Gloria the Grand Marquis. They saw common use as police and taxis. 

They are more like Buick, big expensive sedans for people over 50, just one rung below the President.

The commercial version is very different from the consumer version.  It uses a posted sedan body style instead of the consumer version's hardtop.  At the 1991 model change, the commercial version broke off and remained on the Y31 platform, and is still being produced today.

The consumer version progressed to the Y32/33/34 platform until it was replaced by the Fuga in 2004.  The Y34 Cedric/Gloria was exported to North America as the Infiniti M.