Model Cars Magazine Forum

I have had a poor Classic taxi promo for years but not interested in restoring it. One day I found this site http://bangshift.com/general-news/roadside-find-a-1962-rambler-snow-plow-trar/ and saw the light. Winter is coming and I need a reliable snow plow, and right brand of course.

First I bought Lindberg Ford F-150 4x4 kit because of its four wheel chassis. In ebay I found resin roof lights and horn. I needed snow plow too and it cme from Revell GMC pickup.

By now body, chassis and wheels are painted but it need some rust and dirt.

P1011474_1_zpsckwlomjr.jpg

Edited by Sportabout

Ford 4x4 chassis is in progress but It still needs some trimmig to rambler body. Engine is '97-98 5.4 l Ford V8 as it comes with the kit. Rambler original 232 straight six would be another option but it would be more difficult to install to the Ford chassis.

Underside

Rambler chassis fits quite well on the Ford frame.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I painted body with Future/X-21 -mixture and then sanded it lightly with 1200 sandpaper and polished it with tissue to get proper matte finish. Tamiya weathering master B and C will give rust and dirt to body.

P1011581_86_zpsgo4n83es.jpg

Edited by Sportabout
typo :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...