Model Cars Magazine Forum

Darren the Trike will work so good with your project....

Darren ,

Okay I hear on the modelers block. The body work looks good. i know you will thin of something.

Be Well

Gator

Thanks guys, I get this block every once and a while and some family stuff has come up that does not help either.... hope to get some more done, almost done thou with body work on the main body of trike, another round of putty and primer hope to have more soon....

I have been wanting to try this for a while now using a micro fine sharpie to put a ghost image under the paint, I was going to go  with a weathered look but not sure now that I got another kit for this build.

IMG_7741(1).JPG

This looks really cool. Didn't have to worry about the ink running? Did you clearcoat over the ink before the paint?

Craig, on the samples or spoons that I have tried the sharpie on I gave it about 30 mins to dry then just shot the color over it with no running at all. I use the superfine sharpie thou to have a much smaller tip. I have not done a total paint job yet using the sharpie hopefully on this one.

Edited by Darren B

Been out of it for several days was in bed with the flu for the last three days, finally feeling good enough to do some work on the trike, I always have to be ocd with chrome and parting lines I hate having good chrome but then you see the press parting lines, sinks and dips in chrome and ejector pin marks so what I do is strip the chrome then go to work on cleaning up the plastic, after that it gets a good coat of alclad chrome. so far on the exhaust pipes, and drilled out the ends of the tubes....

IMG_7951.JPG

IMG_7953.JPG

Darren,

Looking good on the body work And cleaning up the exhaust pipes. Hope you get to feeling better.

Be Well

Gator

Gator, thank you I am getting better but this sickness really dump me on my butt. some serious flu this year...

Gad to see you back on the bench Darrin. I had the flu so  I know what your talking about...

Thanks Carl, i'm getting there, not 100% just yet still have this junk in the lungs, and very low energy but making it back day by day. Have been doing seam clean up on all of the chrome parts of the trike however.

Edited by Darren B

• 2 months later...

IMG_9492.JPG.opt570x427o0%2C0s570x427.JP

I have not forgotten about this build. been side tracked a bit with the mans ruin chopper build for my local mcc. I have been cleaning up parts for the freaky tiki and am getting happy with the seam clean up on the tiki trike. Almost there on this piece....

Edited by Darren B

Darren,

I've been wondering when you would get back to work on this project . The trike body looks good . Are you going to post any more on man's ruin ??

What is the name of your Local MCC ?

Be Well

Gator

Darren,

I've been wondering when you would get back to work on this project . The trike body looks good . Are you going to post any more on man's ruin ??

What is the name of your Local MCC ?

Be Well

Gator

Gator, thank you, nothing I hate more is a seam down the middle on any parts but its almost clean to start color. On the mans ruin I have two, the stripper truck and the mans ruin chopper for my local model car club. its the Albuquerque model car club, we have a website but doesn't really show much, except some displays from the New Mexico State Fair here's the link.  Albuquerque Model Car Club  . The stripper truck has been stalled as well due to only having under 2 months to go to get the bike done.

Edited by Darren B

• 1 month later...