Model Cars Magazine Forum

Dodge Challenger 6.4 Supercharged Swap :)

mademan

Well Ive wanted to do another Modern Muscle car for a while, and Clearly scale is determined to take all of my money, so using their parts ( 6.4 Hemi supercharged, and ACR hood) I am going to build one. I was going to use scale finishes snakeskin green, but I decided to try out SPaz Stix Kandy apple green, sprayed over Dupli-color Dodge magnesium pearl, and I really like how it turned out.( no clear yet)  I plan to use Scale Productions Foose Nitrous II wheels also, but with a wider rear than they provide.

Looks great Mike, love the colours!!

I got several more Challenger parts almost ready to add to catalog :D

You just tell me when they are ready and ill put another order in, haha I cant get enough of your stuff, its just so clean!

Love the green. Is the paint really as green as it looks in some of the shots, or more dark silver like the hood shot?

Or is the hood just the Duplicolor "magnesium pearl' before the topcoat of Spaz Stix green?

Its a really deep green, Ill try and capture it outside tomorrow with a good camera, I used the magnesium pearl as a base, and shot the spaz stix Kandy Apple green right over top. It layed down really nice. The hood is just dupli-color flat black at the moment, I was going to paint it green also, but I think im gonna just leave it black for that oldschool look.

I love the color.  I have looked at the Clearly Scale parts and they seem very nice.  I would like to know your opinion on the fit and finish if you wouldn't mind.  I look forward to more. Thanks, Steve

To tell you the truth, ive got 10 of their engine kits/ transmissions, and 4 of the challenger hoods and I can honestly say ive never worked with resin aftermarket engines this clean, fit is perfect right out of the bag.

Looks good enough to eat right now. Can't wait to see that engine, What color are you going to paint it?

Im thinking I may go with aluminum/billet for the block/heads and satin black on the charger.

Edited by mademan

Thanks for the comments. Here are a couple of pics taken with my Camera instead of phone. Also some pics of the heart of the beast. I painted the block and heads in billet silver, and started detailing; Also a pic of the Tremec T56 6spd. I will be using Scale Productions Foose Nitrous II wheels for this build, which were painted an anthracite metallic w/ machined barrels. I also included a pic of my building partner my Rescue Pit, Rita DeVille. She always curls up at my feet while I build.

• 3 weeks later...