Model Cars Magazine Forum

Rat Rod Community Build

Pat Minarick

I would like to make this an open build.

Start a new build , finish up something already started, or post your old builds.

Anyone got any tips or tricks to share whole be great.

There are no rules to building a Rat Rod (Rusty ,Shinny ,or Bare Metal) anything goes.

HAVE FUN !!

Edited by Pat Minarick

Okay I'm in. Here's my official entry. This seems to be a perfect candidate. It comes with lowered suspension for use with the modern wheels/tires but it can be pretty easily modified to use with some wide whites. I'm planning an engine change and some partial dechroming. A flat two tone will be the order of the day. I'll start soon.

Last week I´ve ordered a ´25 Model T 3in1 double kit primarily I´d like to turn the stock version into a single seat vintage style custom racer. So there will be plenty parts for me to turn the second kit into a rat rod.

Count me in with a chopped ´25 Tall T. And if this CBP is renamed into "Race´n`Rad Rods", I´m in with the other one, too. ;)

Last week I´ve ordered a ´25 Model T 3in1 double kit primarily I´d like to turn the stock version into a single seat vintage style custom racer. So there will be plenty parts for me to turn the second kit into a rat rod.

Count me in with a chopped ´25 Tall T. And if this CBP is renamed into "Race´n`Rad Rods", I´m in with the other one, too. ;)

Cool , A vintage racer would fine with me.

Gonna do a channeled 29 Vegas Rat Rod style. Have a Moebius Hudson engine I'm going to use.

I think I may jump in also, haven't built a Rat Rod Yet, but I seen an idea I like somewhere. Mine will be based on a semi . 

Glad you guys are jumping in ,can't wait to see how this works out . Please don't forget to post picture of what you are starting with even if it's just a body.Thanks

That's probably the kit I used to make the T rat on the previous page. It was done using leftovers after I built my T bucket.

That's probably the kit I used to make the T rat on the previous page. It was done using leftovers after I built my T bucket.

It´s this kit

Tall_T.thumb.JPG.9d2b822b3df9c64b9a27a86

There´s a different version available with a stock Tall T, but I wanted this because of the chopped body and because I just need the wheels, chassis, engine and radiator from the stock version for the vintage racer. The body will be built from scratch with the driver´s seat above the differential. Inspiration to build myself a neat vintage racer came from HERE