Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ramchargers 1972 Challenger FC

AZ Boy

Just finished my last build for this year.  This was built using the Model King Challenger f/c with a few body mods, some (not a lot) engine detail and Chuck Boerner's fantastic decals.  This is my first buildup of the Model King funny car, and the next time I'll be sure to close up the front wheel wells and lengthen the chassis somewhat to make it appear more accurate.  Anyway, I hope you'll enjoy.  Comments and questions are always welcome.

Good eye, Chris. That bumper is from The Modelhaus (I think). Yes, I had to expand the rear wheel wells to better match the real car. 

Steve, I think I'll be getting back on my Dunn & Reath rear-engine 'Cuda. Hopefully, I won't screw up another resin body this time!

Thanks for the comments, gentlemen!

Hey Guys!  Again, thanks for the comments.  There ARE a number of things that need to be done to this kit to make it look presentable.  As I stated above, I enlarged the rear wheel wells, but should've reduced the front wells. At the same time, I think that on my next build with this kit, I'll lengthen the chassis by just a smidge to give it the correct wheelbase. Oh, the 426 valve covers were from a Revell kit, and the Enderle injector and the dual 'chutes were from Calnaga Castings. Steve Perry (from Calnaga) makes an excellent Enderle blower hat.  Finally, the front 5 spoke wheels were from a Polar Lights kit, because the ones from the kit are junk.  Hopefully, this will help anyone wanting to build this kit.

Edited by AZ Boy

Excellant job, ,definitly a great looking  build of one of my favorite floppers .

I built the 1970 version using the Johan challenger kit. ( they used a different chassis from 1970  and early 71 car versus late 71 and later )  I plan to do the 71 version like this one  as well as the  Chi Town Hustler car using this kit . I'vew already used this kit to build Mr Norm , Bob Banning and the Soapy Sales cars . Definitly one of my favorite kits

One of my builtups has a front bumper ( no idea where its from ) If someone can cast copies I might loan it out to do so

Edited by gtx6970