Model Cars Magazine Forum

'68 Dodge Charger. *chassis painted*

JTRACING

Great work! Where did you get the Mopar oil filter decal? Spark plug boots, did you make them or are they from a vendor? I learned to drive in a 68 Charger, I remember the dash being black with vertical lines from the gauges to above the glove box. Is the R/T model suppose to have wood on the dash? Again, your off to a great start 

Thanks!  I looked at many pics online, some dashes are aluminum and some have wood grain, I just like the wood look better so I made it that way lol, the oil filter decal comes in the kit, spark plug boots are just some small wire from an old broken radio.

the chrome gauge bezels are thin wire I wrapped around a drill bit, attached them with future, then really seal them on with some clearcoat.

Edited by JTRACING

Great work! Where did you get the Mopar oil filter decal? Spark plug boots, did you make them or are they from a vendor? I learned to drive in a 68 Charger, I remember the dash being black with vertical lines from the gauges to above the glove box. Is the R/T model suppose to have wood on the dash? Again, your off to a great start 

The R/T Chargers and Coronets had wood trim on the dash.

weathering looks great

is it all paint and washes, or did you also use pastels and such?

thanks!,  not a fan of washes or pastels, I mainly use craft paints now, and artist oils "neat" from the tube no thinning. This is craft paint over a aluminum base color, layered up different colors and lightly rubbed some off to reveal all the colors.

Incredible job on the chassis!  The factory overspray is perfectly in scale.

BTW, what color gray did you use in the chassis?

Is it light gray primer?

Do you have a picture before the weathering and overspray was applied?

thanks! Sorry I didn't take pics of every stage, I got in the zone lol.  I airbrushed the grey on, then airbrushed the front frame black and the same in the rear tire wells, I brush painted the gas tank, Then airbrushed the blue overspray on. clear coated everything and then did my weathering.

The grey is craft acrylic, kinda a medium grey color.