Model Cars Magazine Forum

What kit can this motor be found in?

I am building the Gigahorse from Mad Max and have found a parts box engine I acquired but have no idea of the kit source. It has the look I need, dual carbs with a longer 3 holed intake. Also the oil pan is not separate, it is molded to the block (which I dislike).  Any help finding this or one like it would be appreciated.  Thanks , Steve

I would tend to say that engine is a mashup of parts from several different kits. The intake manifold doesn't even come close to fitting the heads right, the timing cover doesn't look (to me) as though it belongs on that block, the Ford-ish valve covers are too long for the heads, and the left one is on upside-down anyway.

With all the glue residue, I can't make out enough of the exhaust-port spacing to have any good idea of what the basic engine started out as...though the oil pan shape, and the side-cover on the molded-on trans should be enough clues.

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

I think Bill is on to something being a mashup. I had thought it might have been this kit which is 1/24 and I believe to be a re-branded Monogram kit(blunc). It may have been the donor.  The young man I did buy these parts from did like camaros.  Thanks for the input guys.

Looks like a mish mash of parts ,,,thinking maybe mostly  a monogram 340 from the street machine version of the challenger TA ( with the wrong valve covers )

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2051541.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xmonogram+challenger.TRS0&_nkw=monogram+challenger&_sacat=220

Edited by gtx6970

The engine is a 440 from the 1/24 440-6 Superbee/Superbird/Roadrunner by the looks. The valve covers look to be from the same kit, although the left is upside down. Can't tell where the blower and intake are from, but the timing cover is from the 440-6 as well. (Currently working on the Superbee, so the parts are familiar)