Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell Peterbilt 359 *engine*

Not all that fancy! :blink:  That looks so realistic.  What did you use for the seats?

thanks!,

on the seats i mixed up red/black/brown craft paint to make the darkish brown color. a couple layers brushed on, then the final coat i stippled it on to make some texture.

clearcoat it. (dupli-color gloss)  then use raw umber artist oil brush it on and wipe it off to make the lines darker, then go in with black artist oil in the corners and blend it out, then.again clearcoat it.

then I drybrush lightly with white oil paint. and then spray it with a dull clear.

my lights kinda wash out the effect but it has a nice look in person with the shading

Edited by JTRACING

thanks!,

on the seats i mixed up red/black/brown craft paint to make the darkish brown color. a couple layers brushed on, then the final coat i stippled it on to make some texture.

clearcoat it. (dupli-color gloss)  then use raw umber artist oil brush it on and wipe it off to make the lines darker, then go in with black artist oil in the corners and blend it out, then.again clearcoat it.

then I drybrush lightly with white oil paint. and then spray it with a dull clear.

my lights kinda wash out the effect but it has a nice look in person with the shading

Thanks for the tips! Do you normally thin your artist oils or do you use them right out of the tube?