Model Cars Magazine Forum

'69 Plymouth GTX; Hood Striping

Roadrunner

Looks great! That color is awesome!

Thank you very much, I appreciate it.

Looks really good,and impressed by how nice the masking lines look. Can i ask what type of tape you use?

Thanks, I like it too. :)  3M blue painters tape and plain old masking tape were used. Thin paint, low pressure, and that seems to do it.

Edited by Roadrunner

I hadn't touched this in about a week, but I can now proudly proclaim that the interior is 100% finished (or as finished as it's ever going to get). I have a project waiting in the wings that's massively important to me, but I won't start it until after I wrap this one up.

int 2 003.jpg

I hadn't touched this in about a week, but I can now proudly proclaim that the interior is 100% finished (or as finished as it's ever going to get). I have a project waiting in the wings that's massively important to me, but I won't start it until after I wrap this one up.

int 2 003.jpg

Excellent job!!  Q:what color primer di you use?

Edited by Dann Tier

Under the Rootbeer, that is:)

Thanks a bunch. It's Duplicolor white primer. I had a fair few issues getting the root beer to fill a bunch of scratches showing in the primer, but that had more to do with very poor body prep than anything else.

Thanks a bunch. It's Duplicolor white primer. I had a fair few issues getting the root beer to fill a bunch of scratches showing in the primer, but that had more to do with very poor body prep than anything else.

Thnx!, I was curious what that color would look like. im going to be painting a Pantera that color.  -Great job on your build!