Model Cars Magazine Forum

1977 GMC Sierra Wrecker

Hello everyone!

I'd like to introduce you a modelcar build from Russia. I finished it a year ago. That was a 1/25 scale snap-kit by Revell with quite poor detailization. I just added some details as resin tires, mud flaps from sandpaper, antennas, steel rope on a winch, chain on a front bumper. Also carried some work on the winch itself. Headlights were replaced by new ones. I used decals from the box, but they were cut on my demand. Weathering effects were made using plaster and enamel paints.

By the way there's another truck featuring on some photos - GMC plow truck by Revell, 1/24 scale, that was my previous build.

Hope you'll enjoy this one! Best regards, Dmitry.

IMG_0647.jpg

IMG_0650.jpg

IMG_0651.jpg

IMG_0652.jpg

IMG_0653.jpg

IMG_0654.jpg

IMG_0655.jpg

IMG_0656.jpg

IMG_0657.jpg

IMG_0658.jpg

IMG_0660.jpg

IMG_0661.jpg

IMG_0662.jpg

IMG_0663.jpg

IMG_0665.jpg

IMG_0668.jpg

IMG_0669.jpg

IMG_0670.jpg

IMG_0671.jpg

IMG_0672.jpg

IMG_0673.jpg

IMG_0674.jpg

IMG_0675.jpg

IMG_0676.jpg

IMG_0677.jpg

IMG_0678.jpg

IMG_0679.jpg

IMG_0680.jpg

IMG_0681.jpg

IMG_0683.jpg

IMG_0684.jpg

IMG_0685.jpg

very impressive!  the headlights really change the look of the front on this kit...great move!   love the tires...where did you get them from if you dont mind sharing that is.

Thank you! The headlights are made by "Elf" - one of Russian aftermarket manufacturers. And the tires set is a resin copy of tires from Mitsubishi Pajero Sport kit by Tamiya. Just had to cut them a little from the inner side to fit rims.

Those are absolutely fantastic! The weathering and details are very realistic.The way you took them to a much higher level of details is incredible.

I am always amazed at how builders of US model subjects from Europe can render such great results when they don't have these vehicles laying around like we do here in the US. Doesn't matter if it is a '60's muscle car, trucks like these or any other subjects, the details and execution are outstanding!

Those are absolutely fantastic! The weathering and details are very realistic.The way you took them to a much higher level of details is incredible.

I am always amazed at how builders of US model subjects from Europe can render such great results when they don't have these vehicles laying around like we do here in the US. Doesn't matter if it is a '60's muscle car, trucks like these or any other subjects, the details and execution are outstanding!

Thank you, Mike! You're right, we don't have this vehicles much around. Even though we have a couple of American young-timers here in Lipetsk, but they are kind of exotic cars for small Russian town. That's why Ihad to look through a lot of photos and listed trucks for sale. It was quite educative :)