Model Cars Magazine Forum

1967 Chevrolet Concours Estate Station Wagon

Ron Hamilton

I finished the wagon last night.

Originally, it was going to be a 327/L79 engine, but I decided to go whole hog, and do it with a 427/390 V8 with a 4 -speed.

While the powertrain combination was not listed in the factory literature as a RPO on a Chevelle, it was possible that such a beast could be built from the factory, or a local transplant. One of the techs at our dealership did such to an El Camino.

Nice Chevy wagon. I like it. I do have one question though? Why do you keep showing us the '60 Pontiac with everything you post? Again, it's a very nice model. But, I get a little tired of seeing it. All the time, for years now.

Sorry about that. Both the Chevy and the Pontiac are very nice.

The '60 Bonneville is a tribute to my late father. He had one just like it from '60 to '62. 

I'm sorry about your Dad. I understand your feelings. I miss my Father too. But, I am a little tired of see it. Plus, I feel it's a little rude when shown in threads dealing with other persons builds. Why not transfer the Pontiac over to your avatar picture instead?

By the way, as tribute to my Dad, I also built model of the first car he bought brand new. A '61 Comet. I got the kit before he died. Meant to build it why he was still alive. Sorry to say, I didn't finish until about a year after he had passed on.

I'm sorry about your Dad. I understand your feelings. I miss my Father too. But, I am a little tired of see it. Plus, I feel it's a little rude when shown in threads dealing with other persons builds. Why not transfer the Pontiac over to your avatar picture instead?

By the way, as tribute to my Dad, I also built model of the first car he bought brand new. A '61 Comet. I got the kit before he died. Meant to build it why he was still alive. Sorry to say, I didn't finish until about a year after he had passed on.

My Late uncle's '60 Ford Sunliner is my avitar. You can't win on this one Scott.