Model Cars Magazine Forum

All of your Unfinished Builds for 2015

Something different to show your Unfinished Trucks for whatever reason . My unfinished trucks are mainly due to a much needed trip to a real hobby shop for supplies.

First - Parts box Peterbilt 353

Second - BJ McKay Kenworth

Third - 1/32 Ford CL-9000

And the last one - Peterbilt 386 with Cat engine

Dust those projects off and post them ;)

Great idea Sean!

Here are mine.

Let's see, this list may not be in order of the pics, but close. My in process I have a 389, 367, Volvo w/53 foot smoothie, "poor mans" 379 Maggini Pete, a barely started kit bash 352 and opened box DM600 crane truck. The Volvo is the closest to being done.

20150228_224032_zps37xqisay.jpg

20150221_111834_zpsxoqagkov.jpg

20150221_104652_zps4nwwss3u.jpg

20150608_195525_zpsre2devkq.jpg

20150425_112727-1_zpsxmmhdryg.jpg

20150906_152258_zpsn32fpzgi.jpg

20150603_183911-1_zpsmvehnz1p.jpg

Edited by Petetrucker07

Great idea Sean!

Here are mine.

Let's see, this list may not be in order of the pics, but close. My in process I have a 389, 367, Volvo w/53 foot smoothie, "poor mans" 379 Maggini Pete, a barely started kit bash 352 and opened box DM600 crane truck. The Volvo is the closet to being done...

20150603_183911-1_zpsmvehnz1p.jpg

I don't know why, but I was just thinking about this crane model, today.....I'm going to grab one of these and extend that boom about a foot.....I think it would look much better that way.....

You guys have some fantastic builds going!

The Pete is one of my old builds that needed work,the Aeromax 106 gave me fits and got put back in a box,the International was a gluebomb I acquired...has all the parts to make a neat daycab.

Darn photobucket.......won't let me post pics

Edited by rctruk
no pics

I knew I could not be the only one with a shelf of partial built trucks :lol:

Clayton - Wow, that is a nice variety of Peterbilts !

Angel - Your almost there , I think you can finish it .

Terry - Come on , I know you can fill a page with your projects ;)

Gino -  Those are some cool builds, I really like the Freightshaker and drom. (I have one of those planned for someday  also)

Dennis - That D-11 looks to be about ready to be loaded on the trailer. Hope to see you back on it !

Jeff - Great trucks, I really like the green IH !

thanks sean ! if I had to pick a biggest disappointment of 2015 it would be that freight shaker.

the paint came out great until I decided to clearcoat it. running low on supplies I used a clearcoat that was too hot

and it attacked the silver + red model paint. it crazed the silver and melted the red and the red looks like I brush painted it after five cups of coffee.

so I just threw the cab on and put it on the shelf til I decide if I want to try to fix it or strip it.

Other than the hundreds of cars, pickups, big rigs, planes, ships, etc, this is been on the unfinished list for way too many years, and hopefully will hit the finish line in 2016. 

It's also the first (and hopefully last :lol:) time I have EVER matched a trailer to the tractor, the walls and reefer are the same color as the body on the cab and the landing gear and rear suspension (minus air bags, maxi chambers, and shocks) are matched to the tractor frame.