Model Cars Magazine Forum

Red and White Satellite

6bblbird

This is a great kit! Might just be the best engineered 1/25 scale kit that I have ever built ( I started building in 1959!)

My only nit picks would be : the door handles ( have to damage the chrome when removing them from the tree.

the window glass fit is very precise and extreme care  is required when installing them.593_p7_l.thumb.jpg.29a25637cf0286bf20dd6          

I began my build with an internet search for inspiration and detailing tips. I found some great stuff but loved the red and white version.

I copied the two tone interior but kept it simple

IMG_2007-vi.thumb.jpg.94f146be2a50b967d0

Engine is pretty decent although exhaust manifolds are incorrect for '65. You could always add more detail like heater hoses and battery cables, etc..

IMG_2012-vi.thumb.jpg.2f571a0fa9a37b4962

The paint is Tamiya Bright Red (TS 49) over white primer. It is really red in real life. Camera makes it kind of orange.

IMG_2046-vi.thumb.jpg.f1d8ac9b44ba76b153IMG_2048-vi.thumb.jpg.1b19214dd1f7ec0d24IMG_2049-vi.thumb.jpg.62d5fe20466278c9acIMG_2050-vi.thumb.jpg.5eb6dde41e47db5203

Are your photos stored here at MCM? I ask because I just yesterday, posted a Bonneville in Tamiya Bright Red, and it turned out very pixellated like yours. I have a feeling MCM compresses uploads, and that's what causes the artifiacting. I deleted those posts and used Photobucket instead. My photos are now as good as if they were not compressed at all! And no more artifacting in red!

Edited by fseva

Are your photos stored here at MCM? I ask because I just yesterday, posted a Bonneville in Tamiya Bright Red, and it turned out very pixellated like yours. I have a feeling MCM compresses uploads, and that's what causes the artifiacting. I deleted those posts and used Photobucket instead. My photos are now as good as if they were not compressed at all! And no more artifacting in red!

If I compare the photos in the post directly with the ones in my Fotki album, there is a slight difference (more pixelation on the website) but not enough to bother me.

it's possible that because I chose a large size format that they are compressed by the web site. The large format photos have revealed some flaws that now tick me off! I may just have to re-paint this thing!!:huh: