Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell '29 Model A Roadster- * Electric Currant Red Metallic

Speedfreak

Ok, here's the 3rd(?) hot rod build in my life. It is truely OOB, no after market anything. Dupli-Color Paint (for the most part). It was a fun, rewarding kit, hardest things were the windshield and headlight lenses. Well, and cutting out the little round decals, lol. Comments are welcome! 

on1.JPG

fullon.JPG

on2.JPG

passon.JPG

rearend.JPG

inside1 (2).JPG

Edited by Speedfreak

Thanks Erik! I can't believe I cut those things out with a #11 blade! I had to develope a new way to cut, for me anyway.

Mike, the name is Electric Currant Red Metallic, with a couple (two) coats of Dupli-Color clear, both from the can. It's a Ford color from Dupli-Color. I've used 

Edited by Speedfreak

Great work on this one Gene! Looks very nice and clean build, and it shows how good a Box Stock build can look when it's done well. Excellent color choice and a nice paint job too. I've always liked combination of Red & Gold so the colors couldn't be much better. Black and White interior fits perfectly to the look as well...Great job!

I like this a lot. Great color choice. 

Thanks Andy, it was a labor of love. I'm not really a hot rod guy as far as models go, but I loved working on this car. 

Sweet looking ride :)

Thanks Paul!

Man that is a beautiful model. So clean..

Thanks Carl, glad you like it! White shift knob?

Great work on this one Gene! Looks very nice and clean build, and it shows how good a Box Stock build can look when it's done well. Excellent color choice and a nice paint job too. I've always liked combination of Red & Gold so the colors couldn't be much better. Black and White interior fits perfectly to the look as well...Great job!

Niko, thanks for the kind words. I got the idea for the engine color seeing Tim Boyd's build of this kit. I don't really know hot rod tradition so I had to follow cues from others, thanks Tim! You can't really lose with red, white, and black as a color combination, so I used the gold as an accent. Thanks for commenting Niko!

Edited by Speedfreak
togetherness