Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell '29 Model A Roadster- * Electric Currant Red Metallic

Speedfreak

Outstanding build. Great color combo's and attention to detail.

Thanks James, I appreciate that. 

Very nice . I may need to get one of those kits.

Ray, you might like it. I didn't fully appreciate the kit until well into the build, then i started to notice how 'real' everything looked in scale. It might be the most realistic looking kit I've ever built. 

looks good though could use the tire tread sanded would look even much better.B)

Sean thanks, I normally sand my tires, but , (maybe because there's no seam to remove with these tires!)  I just brush painted them with thinned artists black acrylic paint. I just liked the overall clean look for this car.

Edited by Speedfreak

Extremely well done model.  Credit to you for building such a beautiful hot rod model and credit to Revell for producing such a great hot rod kit. Your build may change a lot of peoples' opinions of this kit.

Thanks a lot Phil, this kit deserves a lot of credit for sure, it's got the goods. 

over the top perfect in every way !!!

Thanks Marty, I really took my time on this build. It's amazing the problems you can solve with some patience. 

very nice!  I like that red!

Thanks Dave! It's Dupli-color.

That turned out great. May just have to get me one of these kits! 

Thanks Tony, I don't think you'll be dissappointed.

I love it! The color, the hubcaps, all the details work. And a super clean, almost surgically clean model. Nice. B)

Thanks Harry, I spent a lot of time working out the details, and , i used lots of Krystal Klear. It's not as clean as some (all) of your builds I've seen! ;)

Excellent work. Great paint and detailing.

Thanks Tim, if one hangs out on this forum long enough and some of it's bound to rub off, lol.

Great looking model Gene.  Good job.

Richard, I appreciate that. Your build's are alway's fine works.

Great work on that rod build Gene as that's one sweet lookin' ride. I love your color choice as well.

Thanks Nick, it was fun seeing this car come together. 

OUTSTANDING!  Sweet, clean, and SHINY :):):)

Thanks Jim, glad you like.

I'm generally not a fan of fender-less cars, but this looks terrific.

Well Kevin, Fenderless cars need love too! 

Gene....just want to add my vote here...this looks terrific and I like others especially like the paint color you choose.  Maybe you should build more hot rod models.....!   Cheers...TIM 

Tim, man this kit is a long way from those Super Boss kits! lol! I love the red on this car too, one of my fav's so far. It just so happen's that my next kit is probably going to be the  Revell '32 5- Window Coupe, I got the bug! 

Very cool!

Thanks Terry, glad you like it.

Wonderful work!

Stephen, it was a labor of love , I just tried to bring out what this kit is worthy of, thanks! 

Beautiful build and great color choice.

Thanks Gerald, glad you like the car. I approached every step of the way very methodically (slowly), and , just tried not to mess anything up, lol.

Edited by Speedfreak

Thanks Peter, I appreciate that, I've enjoyed many of your builds as well.

Frank, Thanks very much, the color is one of my favs. I've seen it on some older 1:1 Fords, and , it looks better on models! This kit lends itself very well to the time and effort one is willing to put forth, because it just looks so 'real' in scale.  It's a very rewarding build as a result. 

Edited by Speedfreak