[[Template core/front/global/utilitiesMenu does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
  • Announcements

• Dave Ambrose

Board Status   07/20/2018

Maintenance completed, but there is still more come.
mikemodeler

T.M. Resin on eBay

I was surfing eBay earlier today and spotted some items on there from the seller T.M. Resin from Nashville TN.

My questions:

1. Has anyone bought from them via eBay? They do have a decent rating.

2. If have bought from them, what is the quality like?

3. Do they hit any shows in the Southeast? There are very few resin casters that I buy from for the first time sight unseen, prefer to look it over in person if possible.

Any other comments are welcome. TIA

Ive chatted back and forth with him. He bought all of afxnscale resins stuff when they sold out. Seems to be quick at responding. At least when i was talking to him. He lists things about every other week. Sometimes he has stuff listed, sometimes he doesnt. Said hes been working on redoing some of the afxnscale molds if salvagable

...super quick shipping & responses...

Hmmm...I waited over two years for one of his '73 Dodge Charger SE kits. I eventually did receive the Charger. However, no communication in the interim. No "sorry for..." note. No "thank you for..." note. No "it's been shipped..." note.

Just because you can mix up a cup of resin doesn't make you a successful businessman.

Mikemodeler, ask this same question over on the Spotlight Board and you'll get the full low-down.

John

you might want to check for Time Machine resin here - If Ebay and PayPal have some protections for the buyer it may be a better way to go.

Edited by Muncie

I have purchased several items from Jeff at Time Machine.  Quality of the castings is good and he ships items quickly.

If you buy on eBay, it means it's in stock and he will ship immediately.

If you ask for something he doesn't have in stock, maybe there is a lag in time. I can't explain the mis-communication but my dealings on ebay have been no problem.

If you buy on eBay, it means it's in stock and he will ship immediately.

If you ask for something he doesn't have in stock, maybe there is a lag in time. I can't explain the mis-communication but my dealings on ebay have been no problem.

True...I've had no problem getting items from him on eBay.  

ive got over 100 hoods, and random parts and a pile of bodies, all great quality and shipped fast, had an issue with warpage and they took care of me.

I've got things from Jeff in the past on eBay ('71 Olds Delta 88 a while back), and the quality was super excellent! Only drawback for those who aren't skilled with his type of kits--------he gives you no glass for it, and nothing is chromed.

Shipping was super fast, and I've never had any difficulties with him at all.