Model Cars Magazine Forum

What kits did you get for Christmas?

Because it's jus my son and I now for the most part , I got to sit on my front porch today , gaze out into the clouds  and reminisce on one HECK of a year ! i got several messages from fans thanking me on my new book and I have been able to reunite with some of my family this year . I don't need more model cars , I need the time to finish the diorama I have planned for Christmas 2016 . 

Ellen and Israels Christmas 2015 image card.jpg

I am fifty now, and all my life I've considered my interests to be fairly mundane - books (history and science fiction), modeling, music, gardening. If you want to know what brands, bands, vehicles, flowers I like it is easy to figure out (especially in the Facebook age). Yet in my life, it has been extremely rare for anyone to even attempt to get me presents in my interest areas. Rare as in almost never.

I love my family, but it does irk me sometimes that all I ever get are variations on the bright red shirt theme my mother always tries to foist on me.

So, no kits. Almost. My best bud who works at a hobby shop handed me a kit I ordered and wrote Merry Christmas on it - I considered that pretty cool.

Edited by Harry Joy

No kits here either. I did however get a NICE gift card to use over at BnL resins for their Resin Cast Super Swamper TSL Bogger Tires 1/24 1/25 scale tires! (THESE babies will be used on my '78 Dodge "Dream Truck" build)..... and some BLACK plug wire from BnL as well.

BUT, the big item I did get is a Dremel Moto Saw....... The OLD Dremel Table Saw!!!!! My step-daughter got it after my Wife & I found it, and the wife mentioned it to her a few weeks ago! ^_^ -I now own the entire "Dremel Mini Woodshop"!!!!! In working order and will be used in my shop! The Dremel Moto-Lathe I've had for awhile, BUT the table saw seems to be one of the more difficult items to locate complete, with all parts and working! NOW to set out to get me some blade assortments for it! 4 inch diameter, with 1/2 inch arbor.....

Closest thing to a model is a Greenlight 1/18 die-cast Crown Victoria Police Car with siren and working lights in plain white ready for decals. I'm still waiting for my favorite HS to get their shipment from Moebius of the '61 Ventura's and then I'll make the trip up there. Who knows when they'll get them in.<_< They don't even know.

My wife refuses to buy me any hobby related things mainly because she doesn't really know what I want.

She figures she'll let me handle that.

But she did buy me a new 60" "Smart TV"!

Unfortunately it's smarter than I am! :P

But it's up & running & I've been watching "Mecum Auctions" on it all afternoon!

Sweet!!

Steve

I bought myself a snapkit of an X wing fighter

(not the prissy ones from the new movie, but the cool ones, that still had the four turbines on it)

ive had an idea rolling around in my head for a while and I think it might be able to get me back into modeling

(something about kids)

No kits here- I have been thinning out my collection and trying to get my 30+ WIPs finished!  I do have a birthday on Monday and there could be a surprise or two in there, but not really in need of any kits right now.(Can't believe I said that!)

Congrats to all of you who got plastic for Christmas, enjoy!