Model Cars Magazine Forum

What kits did you get for Christmas?

I got the chopped Austin and chassis from Altered States in the mail today, so I guess it qualifies.  It's really good quality and everything seems to fit together nicely.  I hope to finish it sometime this year.  I've got lots of spare parts to use on it.  It will be my first resin build.

I only received one kit - my wife got me Revell's 1941 Chevy Pickup kit, which I'm looking forward to doing something interesting with.  I did get a few other very cool things, like t-shirts, collectibles and art prints, as well as a coffee mug with with a structural diagram of a caffeine molecule printed on it.

No car kits. My son got me the Italeri 1/35 S-100 Schnellboot

38-5603.thumb.jpg.6d687458dc7ec20c4f8a45

Not the biggest. That honor belongs to the Soar Art "Dora". It's about eight feet long, including the track bed. This one is about 39 inches long, though. We're gonna hook this bad boy up for RC operation. Can't wait to see the faces of the model sailboat crowd at Prospect Park Lake. ;)  :)  

31" Disney Nautilus kit?! Who makes that? What more can you us? Can you post some pictures?

The kit is made by Scott Brodeen. It's very large, and cast in resin. Check Scott's site for more information.

I'll post pictures over in the resin section if there's enough interest and I get some space cleared to take pictures. This is a large model.

No car kits. My son got me the Italeri 1/35 S-100 Schnellboot

38-5603.thumb.jpg.6d687458dc7ec20c4f8a45

Not the biggest. That honor belongs to the Soar Art "Dora". It's about eight feet long, including the track bed. This one is about 39 inches long, though. We're gonna hook this bad boy up for RC operation. Can't wait to see the faces of the model sailboat crowd at Prospect Park Lake. ;)  :)  

I'm duly envious, that is a great kit. I have a few books on the S and E series boats, they were very cool vessels.