Model Cars Magazine Forum

Even with the internet, this is not as easy as it looks - and I kind of thought I knew what to look and spent a half an hour with no luck.  Your best bet may be to find an online library of truck brochures if something like that exists.

for Freightliner COE it would be "frontal air intake with Farr Dyna-cell" and other search variations - If you have another brand of truck in mind or a cylindrical air cleaner, that will change.

They were unfinished aluminum. There are some pics on Hanks truck pictures forum under Freightliner.

Thanks -- if you have a link to one there that would be great.

I've been through page after page of Freightliner pics on Hanks truck pictures and haven't seen one of these yet -- not many with the cabs tilted up.

• 4 months later...

scan0013.thumb.jpg.9d8ab2d624246e02c87f3Even with the internet, this is not as easy as it looks - and I kind of thought I knew what to look and spent a half an hour with no luck.  Your best bet may be to find an online library of truck brochures if something like that exists.

for Freightliner COE it would be "frontal air intake with Farr Dyna-cell" and other search variations - If you have another brand of truck in mind or a cylindrical air cleaner, that will change.

Here is a brochure pic of the air cleaner on a turbocharged Cummins engine.

Edited by SpreadAxle

The first 3 are of an NHC 250. The other 4  of the freshly painted engine are of an NH 250. These were found on an engine shop's website. If I find the name, I will post it. Cummins_NHC250_3.thumb.jpg.ded821b1a5cccCummins_NHC250_4.thumb.jpg.b66ddcdd877d4Cummins_NHC250_5.thumb.jpg.a050a4c57e05bCummins_NH250_001.thumb.jpg.b0e02239a4caCummins_NH250_002.thumb.jpg.a0f09229c460Cummins_NH250_003.thumb.jpg.71c02e441d55Cummins_NH250_004.thumb.jpg.50aad3613392

Thanks for posting these pictures Ray. I have been wanting to see a good back view of a tilted Cummins. Not to hijack this thread, but this leads me to a question that I've often wondered. What trucks were the Cummins tilted in? Were Cats ever used in a tilted configuration? I know that I have seen the short hood Road Boss with a tilted Cummins, so I assume that all 92" B.B.C. trucks that used this cab would have tilted a Cummins when used. I also read that the short hood Brockway had tilted Cummins. What about a Ford Louisville, or maybe a GMC Brigadier, or others? Just curious.

Thanks for posting these pictures Ray. I have been wanting to see a good back view of a tilted Cummins. Not to hijack this thread, but this leads me to a question that I've often wondered. What trucks were the Cummins tilted in? Were Cats ever used in a tilted configuration? I know that I have seen the short hood Road Boss with a tilted Cummins, so I assume that all 92" B.B.C. trucks that used this cab would have tilted a Cummins when used. I also read that the short hood Brockway had tilted Cummins. What about a Ford Louisville, or maybe a GMC Brigadier, or others? Just curious.

i know a guy who has a 1:1 White 4000 with a tilted cummins, also mack tilted their engines in the b67's

i know a guy who has a 1:1 White 4000 with a tilted cummins, also mack tilted their engines in the b67's

So the Mack engine was tilted as well as the Cummins. I did not know that. Thanks Sam! And here I thought that Mopar was the only one who made a slant six. This stuff is good knowledge for future builds.

What about the B-61?

Looking at the picture of the Cummins above, it looks like it has a normal oil pan on it. So, the engines would be noticeably leaning if viewing the pan underneath?

Does anyone have any in truck photos of these slant sixes?

I read somewhere that the L Series Fords had tilted engines as well. I think they mounted them with about a 15 degree tilt. That included 3406 CATs. The site where I got the engine pix was www.jobbersinc.com Is it just me, or does the darker colored engine look like it's painted a military green? Anyway, I'm glad the pix helped.

So the Mack engine was tilted as well as the Cummins. I did not know that. Thanks Sam! And here I thought that Mopar was the only one who made a slant six. This stuff is good knowledge for future builds.

What about the B-61?

Looking at the picture of the Cummins above, it looks like it has a normal oil pan on it. So, the engines would be noticeably leaning if viewing the pan underneath?

Does anyone have any in truck photos of these slant sixes?

i dont think the b61 was slanted due to adequate hood length, this is the only good photo i have seen of a slanted mack.....then again i havent been looking for one. I tried to copy the pic but the best i can do is a link. The pic shows the oil pan tilting, the site has great reference pics of the mack though.

http://classiccars.com/listings/view/698830/1962-mack-truck-for-sale-in-cambridge-massachusetts-02138#

• 2 months later...