Model Cars Magazine Forum

Round2/MPC Charger Street Machine.

stavanzer

clear1x1.gif
MPC’s Great Street Machines are back! This series of muscular customs was first introduced during the 1970s and featured big motors, gleaming wheels and detail galore. Now, the first to be resurrected is the ’67 Dodge Charger with retooled 5-spoke custom mags, cheater slicks and full Retro Deluxe decal and packaging treatment. This magnificent Mopar is a consumer favorite – don’t miss out!

KIT FEATURES:
• 1/25 scale, skill 2
• Molded in white
• Retooled 5-spoke original mag wheels
• Pad-printed Goodyear Polyglas GT F60-15 front tires
• Cheater slicks for rear tires
• Original decal sheet graphics
• Bonus mini display box
• Vintage Retro Deluxe™ packaging

F60 Fronts!??

WHY So SMALL???

I built that kit back then and Fronts were G70"s!!

Will Have to change that on any I get!!!!!!

Same with the last issue of the Daytona, AND Rev's 68/69 Chargers

F series tires look SMALL in the wheel wells!!!

They Have ,or at least Had, the G70's as late as the early 2000's

The 72 Chevy Cheyenne came with them!!!!!

I do still want at least 1

But Will trade out the front tires!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I'd really like to hear from someone who has bought and looked at this kit. I'm very interested to find out if it has the Hilbourne injection set up and clear hood from the early release of this kit. From what Casey posted, it doesn't look like it does, but I was still hoping.

No clear hood or injectors. That was only in the annual releases.

I'd really like to hear from someone who has bought and looked at this kit. I'm very interested to find out if it has the Hilbourne injection set up and clear hood from the early release of this kit. From what Casey posted, it doesn't look like it does, but I was still hoping.

I had an original annual '67 Charger and can confirm that it came with injectors and a clear hood. I thought I might still have the hood but looked for it not long ago and couldn't find it so I guess it went somewhere south over the years.

I had an original annual '67 Charger and can confirm that it came with injectors and a clear hood. I thought I might still have the hood but looked for it not long ago and couldn't find it so I guess it went somewhere south over the years.

A lot of things go South over the years...Jobs...  Birds...  Tattoos!   

I had the street machine that was molded in a really dark color.  I would get a kick out of having this kit in white!  I know the Revell version of the '67 Charger is a much nicer kit with better detail and the ability to be built stock.  I still like the looks of this kit.  The few I have seen built, and the one I did 20 years ago, all had a great look to them.  They are a bit dated, but they build into a nice Carter era street freak that would make a stock Pinto, Vega, Monza or Arrow wet itself!  I think I have another copy of the old issue in my storage unit, but I can't get in there until Spring.  If it shows up at the LHS, I might just buy this one for the 24 Hour build.  I don't remember any real problems getting the body and interior together on this kit, although I think I remember foiling it during the Clarence Thomas hearings.   I guess that was a few years back...

I have a question that I'm hoping somebody can clarify for me.  I had gotten an original issue 1966 Charger when I was a kid and it had the blue car on the box, but it came with the clear hood and the fuel injection and two piece plastic slicks.  I've since, almost 50 years later, acquired another '66 MPC Charger, original issue with the same box art as I remember as a kid, and it doesn't have these parts, or even any reference to them on the instruction sheet.  It looks like the original 1967 kit is the one that came with the above mentioned clear hood and fuel injection, etc., but I distinctly remember it coming in the '66 box, partly because my father bought a new '66 Charger at the same time and I remember these details distinctly.  Is there a different issue of the '66 Charger, or how did these parts end up in the '66 box?  Any explanation or ideas?  It's been bugging me for a couple years now.

Sam

I have a question that I'm hoping somebody can clarify for me.  I had gotten an original issue 1966 Charger when I was a kid and it had the blue car on the box, but it came with the clear hood and the fuel injection and two piece plastic slicks.  I've since, almost 50 years later, acquired another '66 MPC Charger, original issue with the same box art as I remember as a kid, and it doesn't have these parts, or even any reference to them on the instruction sheet.  It looks like the original 1967 kit is the one that came with the above mentioned clear hood and fuel injection, etc., but I distinctly remember it coming in the '66 box, partly because my father bought a new '66 Charger at the same time and I remember these details distinctly.  Is there a different issue of the '66 Charger, or how did these parts end up in the '66 box?  Any explanation or ideas?  It's been bugging me for a couple years now.

Sam

My original annual '66 Charger didn't have a clear hood and I'm pretty sure it didn't have the injectors. It might or might not have had the plastic slicks--I had a couple sets of those around then but I'm not 100% what kits they came in. The '66 Charger did have NASCAR parts, and "secret agent" parts like an overhead console, and an interior blanking plate/slot car mount thingie.

Did you get your kit in 1966, or come by it some time later? This isn't exactly clear In your story.

Here's a link to an older topic giving some details on the original '66 & '67 Chargers. The ones I have come across seem to back all of this up: the '66's came with the slot car interior and no clear hood, the '67's came with clear hood & injector stacks, and no slot car interior. Both years came with optional custom front & rear pans, optional custom grilles & taillights. Both years came with NASCAR parts as well.