Model Cars Magazine Forum

1984 Dodge Turbo Z

Bruno

Sweet! My Mom had one of these brand new. I was about 5 at the time and thought it was the greatest thing ever. Hers was dark red and silver twotone with the red stripe around the middle. Very hard to find a nice, low miles example these days.

B)

Your mom was Dee Dee McCall?!

Edited by Joe Handley

Nice model. Brings back memories... I had one, five speed, Garnet Red upper and silver lower body with the side skirts. Great car, crazy fast for a four. Great fun until the turbo burned out (which happened way too soon, IMO). Turbo technology back then wasn't anywhere near what it is today... but it was fine while it lasted! :D

That looks real nice,maybe the first time I've seen one built on the forum,i have the same kit in my stash as well as Revell's snap tite versions.How was the fit of Mpc's version?

Well, the fit was ok, other than sanding molding lines and cleaning flash, I would say it's a nice kit. The first kit I bought, the body was badly warped, and I ruined it while trying to fix it, so I bought another kit. The windows in both kits had very bad tire marks on them, I had to wet sand a lot and polish all the windows.

Can't remember the last time I saw one of these on the road!

Love the kit. Not to take away from what others do, but I enjoy seeing these "oddball" kits more than the usual Mustang, Camaro, Charger kits. i enjoy seeing them all, but I enjoy this type of thing a little more. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Sweet! My Mom had one of these brand new. I was about 5 at the time and thought it was the greatest thing ever. Hers was dark red and silver twotone with the red stripe around the middle. Very hard to find a nice, low miles example these days.

B)

My grandma had one new too, I was about the same age as you were when she had it too.  I thought it was awesome and called her my black grandma, because she had one exactly like this build. HAHA funny story!