Model Cars Magazine Forum

`65 Plymouth Hemi Super Stock "Melrose Missile"-Moebius/Model King

69NovaYenko

Moebius is really knocking it out of the park with everything they put out. I have to believe that Revell and Round 2 are recognizing this and I hope it leads to more risk taking on their part. I got tired of Mustangs and the same old GM and Mopar kites so many years ago.

• 2 months later...

Dave answered me and it the drag version only,no stock parts.

That is OK by me,I just was wondering.

How about the colors. It looks like 2 shades of blue over White or is it silver.

Any info about what colors would be close.rattle cans,as I don't have an airbrush.

Thanks all,

George

How about the colors. It looks like 2 shades of blue over White or is it silver.

Any info about what colors would be close.rattle cans,as I don't have an airbrush.

Thanks all,

George

My question is it an "altered wheel base"  car or a pro stock/ drag car?

Thanks all,

George

I talked to Sean Svendsen who did the box art model for Model King.  He used Tamiya TS 19 Metallic Blue over White on his build up.   You don't have to worry about painting it two tone.  Everything painted Metallic Blue on the built model is included on the decal sheet in "Metallic Blue" which may be a first for a domestic model co. decal sheet.  Even the Hood scoop is covered.  I used some of that decal sheet on my AFX build up, the decal sheet is a work of art IMHO ...

-Steve

Edited by SteveG

I talked to Sean Svendsen who did the box art model for Model King.  He used Tamiya TS 19 Metallic Blue over White on his build up.   You don't have to worry about painting it two tone.  Everything painted Metallic Blue on the built model is included on the decal sheet in "Metallic Blue" which may be a first for a domestic model co. decal sheet.  Even the Hood scoop is covered.  I used some of that decal sheet on my AFX build up, the decal sheet is a work of art IMHO ...

-Steve

Thank you very much Steve for your info.I was concerned about the paint,now,I am relieved and can't wait for mine to arrive.

I ordered mine from Jack,a great person to deal with and gives me GREAT service!!!

I received the Missile kit today. Looks to be a decent kit. Noticed three small things. The instructions show to install the console. Pretty sure the real car did not have a console.  "Air Cleaners" are not correct in shape. Also no roll bar included. Looking at the instructions I'm wondering what a "Torque Filter" transmission is.

Edited by afxmustang

Just got mine in the mail today. Another Home Run from Moebius in my opinion. One thing to Moebius, could you possibly package the decals in the bottom of the box? Upon opening the box, you have the body, rear slicks, instructions then the decals on top of the rest of the parts trees. Mine have a little pucker in them from a tree pushing agaisnt the back of them. Oh and no body warpage again for me! That makes for 4 - 65 Plymouths with no warp bodies.

I received the Missile kit today. Looks to be a decent kit. Noticed three small things. The instructions show to install the console. Pretty sure the real car did not have a console.  "Air Cleaners" are not correct in shape. Also no roll bar included. Looking at the instructions I'm wondering what a "Torque Filter" transmission is.

It was a "Torque Filter" transmission in the street Satellite too. Amusing that in what, 8 months? Nobody fixed that typo. 

It was a "Torque Filter" transmission in the street Satellite too. Amusing that in what, 8 months? Nobody fixed that typo. 

Did you hear that the man who invented Auto-Complete just died?  His funfair is next Monkey!   :D

"Torque filter"  sounds like an errant spell check, auto complete or other correction happened.  I had friends with the name "Lockwood"  and spell check always asked me if I meant to say "Locoweed".  :o 

My Volare must have had a "Torque Filter" too, as something in that driveline filtered all of the torque out before it got to the wheels.  (Of course a 2bbl 318 didn't have that much to begin with. ) 

hi  everyone, it is hard for me to tell what color the main body is.

Is it a gloss white,pearl white,off white like eggshell,or even silver.

My eyes are not what they used to be.

Any help and paint suggestions would be VERY helpful!!!

thanks,all,George

Also, I am so confused!! (I know,that's not hard to do)

The instruction sheet says the engine block,heads a blue color.

The pics shows,orange for engine and intake.

Which is correct????

The photos of Sean's box art model are correct, the engine should be painted Race Hemi Orange which is the lighter of the two Oranges that were used on Hemi engines back then.  Blue, actually Turquoise is what was used on the stock 383 in '65 ... apparently there are couple of minor mistakes on the instructions.

-Steve

Unless you find photos to back it up. these engines could have been orange or as a lot of racers did back then,,,,, it might have been black

My gut feeling is this car was NOT a factory Hemi car . The Hemi was pretty much relegated to the sedan not the hardtop.