Model Cars Magazine Forum

`65 Plymouth Hemi Super Stock "Melrose Missile"-Moebius/Model King

69NovaYenko

Dropped in on my LHS a few day before Christmas and while I was there they showed me a flyer for  soon to be released `65 Plymouth Hemi Super Stock "Melrose Missile". Does anyone have any additional info on this kit. I just love the `60ties thru early `70ties Pro-Stock-Super Stock cars.  I excited to see that these tye of cars are being kited once again. I was also noticing that the flyer had BOTH Moebius and Model King logos..so I assume the two companies are teaming to get this kit to market.

Edited by 69NovaYenko

wow that's new to me when does it come out?

My LHS folks said they had already placed an order for a couple but had not gotten a shipment date confirmation from his wholesaler. Maybe Tim Boyd might have a better line on a release date...how about it Tim got an info on this one. :-)

Edited by 69NovaYenko

My LHS folks said they had already placed an order for a couple but had not gotten a shipment date confirmation from his wholesaler. Maybe Tim Boyd might have a better line on a release date...how about it Tim got an info on this one. :-)

Greg...I don't know anything directly from Moebius about this kit.  Only broadly that more versions of the basic kit tool are planned, of which this is apparently one of them.  I believe I read on another board that the Missile kit is planned for sale early next year.  

Best regards...TIM  

Chrysler had four cars prepared for the 1965 NHRA Winternationals to run in A/FX because the NHRA wouldn't let the AWB cars run in that class. They had acid dipped bodies, carbs and a 2% altered wheelbase. They ran A/FX. The Super Stock cars were two door sedans. They were run by the Ramchargers, Color Me Gone, Golden Commandos and Melrose Missile. All were later converted to the full altered wheelbase cars. I would guess this model represents one of those cars.

Edited by afxmustang

The kit is a hardtop - it will have side windows with the sedan door frames,if the builder wants to eliminate vent windows he can install those windows.

The body will have stock Satellite chrome trim  - for an accurate version of the race car that trim will also need to be removed..

It will have automatic transmission and correct pedals / shifter for that transmission.

Unfortunately, there are some photos out there that do not show final version of built-up model.

This is a problem with releasing early photos of test shots or box art models as changes do occur before the finished product hits shelves.

Edited by Dave Metzner

The kit is a hardtop - it will have side windows with the sedan door frames,if the builder wants to eliminate vent windows he can install those windows.

The body will have stock Satellite chrome trim  - for an accurate version of the race car that trim will also need to be removed..

It will have automatic transmission and correct pedals / shifter for that transmission.

Unfortunately, there are some photos out there that do not show final version of built-up model.

This is a problem with releasing early photos of test shots or box art models as changes do occur before the finished product hits shelves.

From what I've seen --vis-a-vis Svendsen's build-up-- this version ( "RO51" ) looks awesome ! The finest point is its correct , factory-delivered exhaust system ! Kudos for that alone !

Keep 'em coming , Dave . You guys are doing it right !

Sean Svendsen has photos on his facebook page https://www.facebook.com/svensworldofwheels/timeline of pictures of the prototype model. Have to say it looks awesome. Can not wait to get my hands on this.

https://www.facebook.com/svensworldofwheels/posts/10153900669866062

just a little better link so people dont need to scroll though more and more of his timeline to get it as time goes on