Model Cars Magazine Forum

68 plymouth roadrunner update 06/02/16

vc273

Hi Dan thanks for your comment. Been working on the grille and rear tail lights the past couple of days. I wasn't impressed on the chrome headlights after all the work I have done to the rest of build so I drilled out the chrome lenses and had to file down some parts box lenses as everything was to big. I cut some styrene and bmf it then glued it behind the head lamps. On the tail light side I sanded down the outer part of the lense and then glued some styrene to the outer rim of it, then sanded it down to a suitable trim size. Then bmf it then painted it and think they look better than the stock ones. I also removed the plastic from behind the tail lights so they fit more flush. And yes the left is on the right and visa versa as they seem to line up better with the trunk crease. Any comments welcome and cheers for looking

photo 20160201_161150_zpsnjslhne5.jpg

photo 20160201_161511_zpsxatpzl3b.jpg

photo 20160201_161333_zpshrb32nmu.jpg

photo 20160201_161119_zpswf7z4bqu.jpg

photo 20160202_144457_zps68hb8get.jpg

Edited by vc273

• 2 weeks later...

Hi have been working on the body the past week or so and now have it painted,bmf and in clear coat. I have yet to polish it so see if it may need another coat of clear or a cut back with wet and dry but think it has come out all right. Unfortunately the door and some of the boot emblems didn't have the depth for the paint work so I had to remove them and hoping to come across some decals to put in their place.Now on to the interior. Cheers and thanks for looking. Any comments welcome

photo 20160210_114859_zpsp2fxoyzp.jpg

photo 20160210_114820_zpsjpk6pajy.jpg

• 3 months later...

Have started paint work on the interior and will be mainly a combo of testers bright red but with dull-cote, gloss and straight from the can combo. Have opened up the headrest on the front buckets and also made a backing for them as you don't see the backs in a viper. The dash now fits well and have the gauge decals in but still have to detail the dash. Converting the floor to a flat smooth finish for a different look and have removed the window cranks to simulate having power windows. Still have to wait until i have finished attaching the interior panels and dash to the floor so I can get the right position of the console so i can get everything fitting flush like it is supposed to be there. Cheers and thanks for looking. Any comments welcome

photo 20160211_213713_zpsw3hzxfrs.jpg

photo 20160214_161748_zpspdssba3x.jpg

photo 20160214_161821_zps3bxanehf.jpg