Model Cars Magazine Forum

The New STAR WARS movie...

Ramfins59

One of my daughters, my grandson and I went to see the new STAR WARS movie on Saturday.  No spoiler alert here......  I thought it was a pretty good movie, but I was a little disappointed with the way it ended.  I was expecting more from Luke Skywalker...

They are obviously leaving a lot open for the next installment...  Too bad we'll have to wait a couple of years for it...    I've seen ALL of the STAR WARS movies several times and liked them all.

Whether you liked or disliked The Force Awakens, the latest Star Wars movie, George Lucas has been rakin' in the dough and will continue to do so for awhile. Plus MILLIONS of dollars will be spent on Star Wars toys for a LONG while as well. I've heard a person completely unhappy with it, however Mr. Lucas was smilin' all the way to the bank. I guess he supplied the "demand" for another sequel.

I didn't see it, refuse to get caught up in the hype.  I heard it hit one billion and set a new record.  I also saw that Avatar was one of the highest grossing movies ever. That's a shame, no golden classics on the list. Just commercial tripe.  Shows you where this country is going.

I didn't see it, refuse to get caught up in the hype.  I heard it hit one billion and set a new record.  I also saw that Avatar was one of the highest grossing movies ever. That's a shame, no golden classics on the list. Just commercial tripe.  Shows you where this country is going.

Took the wife this afternoon. 2nd time for the 2D version.....the 3D was not set up right, I say, and was a waste. 

Saw the first SW the first day...and every one since. Yes.....it's typical Holltwood fair but enjoyed it for what it is. 

Go home and put on the DVD of Hitchcocks 'Vertigo' or your favorite classic to clean up the brain!!! 

I had fun....wife enjoyed.....$10 worth in todays world. ($5 Tue here)

I seen the film as well, I love it.. It could have been a lot better yes but we're not back 30 years ago though. My mother-in-law is a big Star Wars fan as well and wants to see the film too. My son is getting into Star Wars now (he's 18 years old) as well. He didn't know what it was until we played the first 6 dvd films of them.

I enjoyed it as well. Nothing will ever surpass the New Hope Star Destroyer flyover. I had never seen anything like that in my life. WOW! I think the 1977 release will always be my favorite because I had never experienced anything like it before. Nowadays, awesome effects are pretty much a given.

One of my daughters, my grandson and I went to see the new STAR WARS movie on Saturday.  No spoiler alert here......  I thought it was a pretty good movie, but I was a little disappointed with the way it ended.  I was expecting more from Luke Skywalker...

They are obviously leaving a lot open for the next installment...  Too bad we'll have to wait a couple of years for it...    I've seen ALL of the STAR WARS movies several times and liked them all.

Richard,  the dvd comes out this spring ,I think the next one is coming out next Dec.

My understanding is that they will release episodes every 2 years.  Then in between will be mini stories like a young Solo, a young Yoda etc... but next years mini story will be about the crack comando Seal Team 6 type of group who stoled the Death Star plans in the orginal 1977 rel being episode 4.

Recall how it opened where Vader was looking for the Rebel spys who stoled em?

Edited by aurfalien

My understanding is that they will release episodes every 2 years.  Then in between will be mini stories like a young Solo, a young Yoda etc... but next years mini story will be about the crack comando Seal Team 6 type of group who stoled the Death Star plans in the orginal 1977 rel being episode 4.

Recall how it opened where Vader was looking for the Rebel spys who stoled em?

Rogue Squadron will come out DEC 2016 with Eps 8 DEC 2017.  I am looking forward to Rogue as it goes 'back in time' and can expand the time period we like the best (in and around Eps 4) Plus it will have lots of hardware....which is big for me!! 

PS Theater owners have voted Rogue as #1 most anticipated 2016 film......Disney will need more vaults for the cash.  

Saw it in 3D Sunday. I quite enjoyed it. Nice to see the old cast and the new characters were not a disappointment (except Fin was a little 2-dimentional but not terrible).

Entertainment Weekly quotes George Lucas as saying he wishes Disney followed his story line closer. Disney says they gave the audience what they wanted. I think both are correct. One of my few disappointments is how the story climax basically dissolves into a rewrite of what we've already seen in previous episodes, just lived out by different characters.

Lucas SOLD Star Wars.......he didn't loose it in a hostile take over or some type of wrong doing. 

I like Lucas........American Graffiti is his best film and my favorite growing up in So Cal 1960's.....

But he SOLD SW......take your billion and have a good life! 

I enjoyed the film. A copy of the 77 for the most part with no surprises for me but I do have a few questions. 

1 Who is Rey's  father or grandfather ( this will keep us talking until 2017) because a few people come to mind. https://medium.com/@benostrower/rey-is-a-kenobi-362b5af09849#.ycq4vx6bw

2 Why did only Chewy shoot and why did he not shoot more than one time when his best bud was killed? 

I watched Star Wars at the drive in, and the Empire Strikes Back, and Return of the Jedi in the theater when they came out and was a big fan. The following three movies took several times of watching them before they grew on me. This last one was a good movie, but to me it just doesn't seem to fit well, and continue the former story. It was almost more of a loose copy of the original story. Maybe after about 3 or 4 more times of watching it, it too will grow on me. I was expecting a little more. Regardless, Disney is racking in the money.