Model Cars Magazine Forum

What was your first truck model?

Ben , nice "australianisation" to that Mack !  Where did you source your spokers from ?

I go the front ones off a monogram Mack fire engine and the rear ones from a fella by the name Steve Rubb. You can get really good 6 spoke 1/32 rims and wheels from Auslowe now with separate spiders and rims. Have a look on Auslowe site.

• 2 weeks later...

Back in 1991 I built my first truck and trailer. It was the amt/ERTL Mack R that was reissued in July of that year. I was truly excited for this kit as the R Model Mack was my childhood favorite along with the KW W900. Growing up in NYC and other east coast cities I saw plenty of them in all types of service. I picked it up as soon as it hit the stores.  I liked that reissue of the kit as it came with spoke wheels and square tanks. The truck on the box was red. I built the amt/ERTL Amoco tanker trailer to go with it because I always liked the look of an R Model with a tanker. I still have it and it's been restored twice due to at least 8 moves. This is one I will always keep.