Model Cars Magazine Forum

Car I.D. needed,... again

You might have noticed all the excitement about the new 61 Pontiac kit that's been all over this site...but it's a two door hardtop.

The AMT annual was a Bonneville 2 door hardtop.

It would be a big job to convert either one into a 4 door sedan.

Edited by mike 51

I know of no resin of the Pontiac, but MCW once offered the two door version of that roofline as a '61 Chevy (Biscayne maybe?).

That roof wouldn't be terribly difficult to make-------getting the right sweep of the rear glass and the height of the rear part of the roof would be the toughest thing, and of course making the posts.  In the 1:1 world, those are a rare sight indeed as that was a one year deal. '62's had a totally different sedan roofline as GM didn't stick with design themes long in those days.

You might have noticed all the excitement about the new 61 Pontiac kit that's been all over this site...but it's a two door hardtop.

The AMT annual was a Bonneville 2 door hardtop.

It would be a big job to convert either one into a 4 door sedan.

Well that figures. It seems that every car I've ever owned in my life, as well as all the ones my dad owned, have never been done in kit form, not one.

Well that figures. It seems that every car I've ever owned in my life, as well as all the ones my dad owned, have never been done in kit form, not one.

Most of the pre-70s cars I've owned have been modeled, but very few of the post 70s.

I just bought a new Camry...no models of that,even if they do the NASCAR Camrys since they look nothing like mine.  

Fortunately there are tons of other interesting kits to choose from.....