Model Cars Magazine Forum

79 Firebird Formula

jmar2003

First timer here, haven't built a model since I was about ten but my 1:1 is in the garage for the winter and I'm the type that goes stir crazy :blink: Since all the models generally available are TA's I decided to mix and match to get what I needed. Currently I've got portions of a Revell 85-4027 1/25 77 Pontiac Firebird Smokey and the Bandit as well as portions of an MPC #6323 Pontiac Trans Am Firebird 10th Anniversary...likely adding the hood from a Revell 7207 as well for the Formula look. Taking my sweet time so I don't get bored again...

Bird.jpg

those floormats are a nice touch

when I first saw the flocking on the floorboard I didn't think it would work out

but once there is some paint on there, it looks really good

on a side note, what does that 1:1 run, a 400?

Edited by diymirage

Nice job on the interior!

BTW, what did you use for the carpeting?

Your 1:1 Formula is beautiful!  It has a cleaner look than the Trans Am's had.  I really like it.  

As asked above, what motor/transmission are you running in your 1:1?

Edited by crowe-t

Thanks guys. The 1:1 has the Olds 403 in it, my father in law bought it brand new and we just bought it from him this spring for a steal. 

The carpet was done with watered down elmers glue and white embossing powder from Hobby Lobby. I saw that other forum members had done it and it turned out good for them as well. The floor mats were just printed on printer paper and done the same way...surprisingly happy with those too.

Quick check in, body is taking shape nicely but will be waiting on the graphics for a little bit yet. Also trying to figure out how I'm going to do the three color pin striping as nobody does them...I might end up painting them VERY carefully. The hood is also proving to be a major pain in the butt to find!!!

Anyways, let me know what you think or what I'm overlooking.

20160109_134602_resized.jpg

20160109_134632_resized.jpg

20160109_134722_resized.jpg

• 1 month later...