Model Cars Magazine Forum

Cannonball Run 2016 "The Aussieball" Official Build Thread

TFchronos

Nice!

(Due to the look and design I'm going with it's become painfully apparent that )sic).......

Looks good bud keep at it !!

Good stuff going on  here

Couple days left !!

Where I'm at

Extra rubber strapped in

front suspension scale liberties 

`

Almost there

Happy Fat Turkey to our cousins in the south...

Cheers

I'm cracking, burning the midnight oil's oil haha. Not looking good though, for as much as I've done I find more and more that needs to be done. One of which is the front panel below the grill, it's got to be stretched and painted. I completely forgot I hadn't done that yet.

15167687_1010064902472705_78665886740172

Seats have paint but no other interior work has been done.

15167538_1010064905806038_58473155672339

Final color, based off of a 68 Dart Super stock paint scheme, changed to satin black over silver though.

15167448_1010064985806030_37416757405472

15252479_1010064982472697_51191765595118

Got the glass in and setting up right now, will try to hammer out the interior later tonight if possible.

G'Day Fellow AussiBallers,

im behind the eight ball as well when it comes to completion. At this point in the game, lets relieve the tension and make it fair to all by granting the fifteen day extension. Largely due to having only a coupe of entries, and the more involved nature of our builds I feel this is reasonable. What do you guys think?

Anyways, here's entry #18 "Commenwealth Canuck Blazer", and where she sits tonite...

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

G'Day Fellow AussiBallers,

im behind the eight ball as well when it comes to completion. At this point in the game, lets relieve the tension and make it fair to all by granting the fifteen day extension. Largely due to having only a coupe of entries, and the more involved nature of our builds I feel this is reasonable. What do you guys think?

Couldn't agree more mate

Meesh, your ride looks Great, finish it up, ya got 2.5 nights and 3 days left...:blink:

Then voting starts and line-ups for next year,...

Did a bit more on the Perth Perch

IMG_5456%20600x450_zpshwz3akru.jpg

She's on all fours,...albeit wobbly fours,..Still need to add the spindles and 1/2 shafts to the fronts,.

IMG_5454%20600x450_zpsaz7fojz0.jpg

Added in the 'puter screen for the co-driver,...so she can shop and stuff

IMG_5449_zpsfk3z2eve.jpg

Shot from last night with the rear drying...

IMG_5451_zpsfyp3zknn.jpg

Worked on the shorty snorkel too,...:)

IMG_5457%20600x450_zpsy3cibtbj.jpg

Shouldn't be a problem for me to get this to the starting line,...

If you guys decide to extend it, it's fine with me, but the next one does start in about 33 days ,...just sayin'

:lol:we dont say that mate over here we say, you better pull your finger out your a$$ boys:P

We say that here too :lol:

Edited by Belugawrx
FBucket

Great work Bruce! Great to see all the detail work you end put into your build, plus you are nearly ready for the start line. I may have to have help to push the C.C. Blazer to the start line!

Not having heard from too many participants, I wonder how many are in the running, and can we come to a decision about an extension. We would still have two weeks to vote before the start of 2017 and it would allow for a greater field of entires. So let's hear if you're still in and would like the extension of fifteen days.

Cheers Misha

Very well, we do have a few builds very close So I will bump the end date to Thursday Dec.15th for you guys to get yours done.

I however will keep my build to the Dec. 1st d-date. If I don't have it done by then I'll accept it as it is. I for one have had 11 months to get it done, I haven't, no mater the reason, that's all on me.

Speaking of which most of the interior is built and the motor mounts are in place so I mine should have it's heart in by late tonight. 

Edited by TFchronos

Very well, we do have a few builds very close So I will bump the end date to Thursday Dec.15th for you guys to get yours done.

I however will keep my build to the Dec. 1st d-date. If I don't have it done by then I'll accept it as it is. I for one have had 11 months to get it done, I haven't, no mater the reason, that's all on me.

Speaking of which most of the interior is built and the motor mounts are in place so I mine should have it's heart in by late tonight. 

Thanks heaps mate :)

So while glue is drying,...

I started thinking what we would need to take with us on a journey thru Oz,...at speed...

Tools, I brought all my parts boxes into play,..came up with an inflator compressor (second batt.needed)

In place, bolted to the floor,.... of course, had to hide the 8lug (wrong) spares with some dust covers...So with a compressor comes, hosers (cdn) hoses

We need more tie downs... found this rack from,..I think, a Fujimi porsche speedster...

Start of a toolbox

Made some bedrolls ( I'm sure it gets chilly at night thru the gulches)... the toolbox sanded

Oh and some fender/extender/pretenders...for the locals

Now with WELTING !!!!

Lol

This is soooo much fun

Cheers

Nice work Bruce! The level of detail you're putting into it is outstanding!

As for mine, disaster struck last night... Just about everything in the A-arm system starting releasing and falling apart. It's happened a few times before but not as bad as this time plus I also started having a engine placement problem. So yeah mine as it is is toast right now.

So being a dirt b.. err Cannonballer (ha ha ha) I'm going back on my word and will try to scramble it back together before the 15th. I'll probably just stuff the jeep components under it and call it good though.

Oh well maybe it's for the better, we'll see. Stings none the less.

i'm slowly working on the GTO its now got motor and trans cross-members and i have mated the small block chev to the toyota 5 speed and transfer case  but i am having real trouble with the front diff and suspension i think i might watch dirt every days off road muscle car build for inspiration.

I probably would have made it to the starting line by the first, but with the extended time I'll be able to add more things that I previously wouldn't have thought of adding. So it is advantageous none-the-less. I got the drivetrain done with sway bars and heavy duty shocks. I also got the engine in place. I'm making steady progress and I will make more with the extra time given. I really like the builds that are going on here. They look great.

Jay

G'Day Mates,

There is certainly great activity and ingenuity going on! Been busy with small details past while, scratch building a front winch to sit behind the Roo Bar and a tool box to sit between the tire stack and tailgate. Been getting the decaling underway having used digital  dash instruments from current racing vehicles, with prominent Canadian markings from an aircraft sheet (goes with the colour being Trainer Yellow) and to help eliminate any suspicion, official type markings as a "ROAD TEST VEHICLE". Besides why would a vehicle with British Columbia plates be suspect of anything...? Tonite finished most of the BMF as there's very little there, just the windshield frame. Sheet I bought fresh two years ago is till A-Okay. Also installed the Roo Bar onto the chassis, and been busy with engine detailing.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by Misha
spelling

As I've no dog in the fight, I haven't chimed in about the time extension. At first I was against it,  but I've done some thinking. Due to this crazy adult world we live in, sometimes even 11 months isn't enough time to finish a build. In 6 runnings that I've participated in, I've completed 3 models.

So in order to help everyone out that might want to participate, I'll be changing the rules for next year, to allow a model up to 50% complete to participate in the Cannonball. In the past it's been a new or barely started kit only. We all have shelved projects that could use some new motivation and I think this would help a lot of folks get it done in time. 

Thoughts?