Model Cars Magazine Forum

B.R.B.O. - Brockway 758 Outside Pictures

Thanks Brian this helps. I was not sure if they may of used a Mack engine. 

I'm not sure about the Mack engines. I know that the 758 has a smaller hood than the ones that I listed. There is a Brockway website. On the website there is a 758 listed that has a 6v53 Detroit in it. There are also a couple listed with 230 Cummins in them.

There is also one on govdeals.com that has a 6 cyl. Cummins in it of some kind.

From what I've dug up, it looks like the Cummins engines were slanted on the 758.

Edited by DRIPTROIT 71

Ok with the Bighorn finished it now full time on the Brockway. I've been cleaning up the cab and sprayed some primer to help find area's that still need clean up. Striped the chrome off the rims I'm going for a black and yellow on them and have started working on the frame. I'm going to have to shorten the frame some but still need to figure out how much to cut. 

I've decided to use the Mack frame with a hendexerson rear suspension still have some work left to do on the frame including adding some frame to allow the dumper to fit. Started painting the rims yellow next will be to pain the spokes black. I'm going to use a chrome hub cap in the center of them. 

Test mock up to see how everything is lining up. The cab will need some grinding on the inside for the radiator to fit and allow the front to set a little lower to label every thing. 

Im not sure if there should be a roof vent that is on this one and is it in the correct location? Checking pictures it's hard to tell if some had the roof vent and some didn't so I'm not sure if it should stay or remove it  

Thanks for the comments guys. 

Gator yes the front is high I've had to grind out the inside of the radiator to get it to level out in my next pictures you will see the correction. 

I figured you had a handle on things. but I had to ask. Thought my eyes were playing tricks on me.  looking forward to further updates.

be Well

Gator