Model Cars Magazine Forum

B.R.B.O. - Brockway 758 Outside Pictures

looks good , nice grill

the fueltank,s is difficult , aluminium look,s good , chrome look,s good and black look,s also good

mayby for breakin the line in paint i think alu look

give it a try with a mock-up

but it sure i nice dump-truck

jacobus

What a great build Dan!The finish on the dump body is outstanding.I remember when Brockways were a common sight here in the Northeast,I always liked them.I also like the yellow and black color scheme.One of the largest paving companies in NJ paints their trucks the same way.Looking forward to more progress on this one!

Dan, that's a great looking finish.  Did you paint the dump body first?  Powder?  I don't know anything about this stuff, how do you apply it?  What's the brand name for the stuff?

The finish and sheen look real, I like it!

Thanks Michael, yes I repainted the dump body gloss black and when the paint is dry to touch I apply the powder using a Q tip (soft cotton on a stick). The powder is Uschi at this site http://www.uschivdr.com/.  It takes 3 weeks from the time I place my order to receive it over here I'm sure it sits in customs for 2 weeks. Uschi are in Germany may be close for you. 

Thanks Gator. I know your pain when I lived in the Philippines I never knew what was going to left in my care packages coming from the states. 

Thanks Dennis I just got the iron and steel and like the finish make. 

Thanks Brian. 

With all the rain and muddy sites around here lately I decided that I needed better drive tires on the dump truck. Here's my Double Take Replecia drive tires. 

Thanks Dan for the info.

Another question then:  What is the surface like?  Do fingerprints show?  Could the finished part be slightly touched up if necessary?  In other words, what is the surface like after treatment?  Lets say it gets a scratch during final buildup, what will you do?

It looks very good, I like!  Great choice for a finish, it makes the model stand out from the usual, and adds quite a special touch.  I like the graphite smooth look, I'm thinking for the future, brass-framed Fuel Altered drag cars.  I know the graphite gray paint is a good color for a model, instead of black.  Thanks for the input.