Model Cars Magazine Forum

Changes at Model Cars Magazine

Depending how they're packaged that ought to arrive on 1 or at most 2 pallets. The biggest problem is unloading them from the Pickup Truck once you get'em home and in your case the sorting and shelving required to organize them into useful piles for filling back issue orders. This is more than a guess, I used to Import Star Atlases from Australia, 1 Ton at a time. So given your back I'm thinking you need a friend with a Pickup, a good back, a 12 pack and a BBQ;)

It's one pallet. John Oszajca and I put it all together. Well, John and the guys at GBP. I just watched..... 

I think it's going to be a kegger, women to google over, and a rental truck. All da friends get small kine trucks!!!!

Have to get those big steel shelves from Sam's or COSTMORE

Maybe rent a Sole or two?

Hi Gregg

i have a Magzter sub that expires in Feb 2017 but it is still showing only #199 available. 

Should 200 be available yet?

thanks 

Chris

Chris, you are going to be my self-appointed watch dog :-)

Yell at me if the new issue isn't put up on Magzter within the week you see the news that it's printed.

I will be grateful for the gentle push. I wish they had a gooder system for reminders, but right now, I still stay learning....

tanks, eh brah!!!!!

:-)

Yes, I'm BACK!!!!!

Happy to report that my issue 200 arrived in perfect condition in the plastic bag.  The irony is that last issue arrived in perfect condition with out the bag, and in the same day's mail another magazine arrived in a plastic bag with the corner crushed!  And I had a pleasant surprise upon opening the magazine!  :D

Gregg, per receiving the big brick of magazines in Hawaii... check out Craigslist for small time movers, you know one of those guy with a truck things. I've found they will work cheap!   

We sent 2000 pounds of back issues to here in Hawai'i. Slow boat...

Broke da bank....

I have a few back issues, 197-200, but that's it for now.

Have to wait till they get here, and then get a huge truck to get the pallet from the dock.

Maybe two weeks, not sure.

Anyone volunteering?

No, I not going pay your way here.... :-)

I am looking for #197 & 198, didn't realize my subscription ran out back then. I am current on the issues now.

Thanks,

Zen

Chris, you are going to be my self-appointed watch dog :-)

Yell at me if the new issue isn't put up on Magzter within the week you see the news that it's printed.

I will be grateful for the gentle push. I wish they had a gooder system for reminders, but right now, I still stay learning....

tanks, eh brah!!!!!

:-)

Yes, I'm BACK!!!!!

thanks Gregg

I'll take the role of watchdog for Magzter

Chris, was the quality of the digital version on Magzter good/adequate?

I want it to be super high-resolution, but there is/are limits with Magzter.

Did it take long to download?

Overall experience?

Thanks!

Only took about a minute to download to my IPad.

Resolution is great and photos can be zoomed to see detail

I get a few magazines on Zinio and they allow me to click on web addresses in the advertisements and go straight to them and then easily back to the magazine. Magzter does not seem to have this function. It is not a big problem, just an observation.

in short, I really like the digital version and can hardly wait for the next one.

It is an excellent option for international readers

Chris

Man Ive been out of the loop for too long BLAH_BLAH_BLAH_BLAH Facebook! Gregg wonderful news about your back been there not as bad as you but I know its not fun Hope to see you at east maybe Toledo???? Just bought the new issue Dec of model cars and looks great! Take Care and thank you and everyone that helps for putting out the magazine!!

Tom

I just got issue #200 here in Sweden today and the address lable was on the outside of the plastic bag this time, not as the last issue when it was on the magazine itself...thanks for that.

Edited by Force

• 6 months later...
  • 8 months later...