Model Cars Magazine Forum

Carolina Mack B-67

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the kind words fellas. Havent made much progress, alot of planning, gathering pics and studying going on right now, stuff i shoulda done waaaaaaay before starting but oh well. I lost my grandfather a little over a month ago and that has put a big damper on things as well, because he was such a huge influence in my trucking obsession. But im pushing forward now, or at least trying to make some sort of progress. I have added another kit to this builds arsenal.... A diamond reo, basically just for the frame as i gave up on converting the dm frame. Anyway heres a pic of the latest progress, scratch built rear suspension and a modified exhaust manifold to make the engine better resemble an END673.

Sam,

Please accept our condolences and prayers on the loss of your grandfather.

Looks like you are getting organized and have a good start on this project.

I like the Carolina red and black.  As I drov e for them a few times working off the bench , in Miami back in the late 70's. B-61 with a duplex .

Be Well

Gator

Sam - Sorry for you and your family.  That is a tough one to overcome.

I am happy to see some progress on this and it looks good.

It makes me think maybe there should be a club for "frame'less" Diamond Reo cabs.  I have quite a few myself and it sounds like there are more out there. :unsure:  We could all get jackets!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Heres the latest progress on the Mack. I have battled the rear suspension on this truck since January. Its mostly scratch built with modified kit parts, but to ight shes finally together and sittin on her own. Still more detail work to do on the rear suspension, but at least its on the truck.