Model Cars Magazine Forum

B.R.B.O. 1955 H-63 Mack

Brian, is that last pic the cab you're doing?

Geez, I'm nuts about this one!  Yeah man, stretch that thing, I love it.

PS:  I wish they'd bring back those old phones.  Too heavy to carry around, so you don't waste time looking for the silly small phone when it rings.  my wife has 3 phones, yet I can seldom reach her on any of them.  Modern times?

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all the comments!!

After fighting with this frame time and again, I finally took some of my son's Legos and made a jig to put this frame together. It is finally straight! The air ride minus the bags and rear axles are installed thanks to the help form Sean "Old buckaroo". R model springs were used on the front. The frame on an R model gets wider at the front, but on the B and H models it does not. After installing the springs, the Mack front axle from both the AMT kit and The MPC/Ertl kit were slightly too wide at the spring perches. Since this is a custom, I installed a Road Boss front axle with poseable front wheels. The engine is 85% together, the transmission will be a 4x4 Spicer. A 4 speed auxiliary is mounted as well. I'm casting tank mounts and brake chambers. It seems that I didn't have as many as I had thought. The wheelbase is right at 270" in scale. Still a long way to go!

I went to my trusty parts box to get some much needed parts and found that I had 1/2 of a piggyback brake chamber, 1 single diaphragm brake chamber, and 1 fuel tank mount. I tried my luck at casting once again and cast the rest. They turned out pretty good, considering that a few weeks ago I had never cast anything.

IMG_0119_zpsovvflblx.jpg

Thanks for all the comments and encouragement!!

Edited by DRIPTROIT 71