Model Cars Magazine Forum

B.R.B.O. 'Aussie' KW T900 [finished]

my entry for the build off. nothing fancy here, just going to try to build a very clean OOB kit. so far, i have massaged the parting lines off the cab and hood, and have the sleeper glued together.  still debating on doing box art colors, or something else, kind of unsure, as i want to use the kit decals, so, color has to go with the blue in those. eventually it'll work itself out, lol.

a8e5b89b-d697-433a-84bc-3333308f6aad_zps

photo_zpshfeexkkz.jpg

photo_zpsllp8x2au.jpg

Edited by tbill

The company blue circle was brought out along time ago by boral , so you dont see them in that colour scheme anymore . So if you build it like on the box it will be an historic build , and they did have alot of w models in the fleet as the drivers prefered to drive w models .

Edited by scummy

sleeper 'box' has gone thru initial body work, still some to go to get rid of seams,

and the bones of the frame are coming together,

still working on wrapping up two car builds, so this makes for good 'filler work'  in the mean time.

All right Tom , nice truck . Does this kit also come with a left hand dash ?

Essentially this is the US Kenworth W900 kit with some Australian looking stuff & a right hand dash thrown in the box.  According to some modelers on an Australian forum, this is about as far from an Australian truck as you can get.

• 1 month later...

yes, i have made some progress on this. no pic's yet, but hood/cab/sleeper are in color. finished up two car builds i had going, and have two car builds going for NNL East, so this is sorta back burner for now, but once the cars are done, i will be full force on this build. will post pic's of the paint job soonB)

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

ok, so, NNL East was fantastic, took 3 builds there with me [32 ford, 67 charger, 71 ford p/u], had a great time, and bought a boat load of kits:D

so now that that is over, i have been at the bench working on the KW. progress pic's,

and a little mock up,

i used Double Take replicas wheels and tires, the kit tires weren't happening, and the kit wheels just were not doing it for me [plus the chrome job on them was horrible]. now that it's on wheels, and i can see what i am dealing with due to a mock up, i am going to take a crack at scratching a headache rack for it. motor is in color now as well, i hope to get some time this weekend to start working on that.

as usual, thanks for looking, and i hope to be on here a bit more in the coming weeks with regular updates.