Model Cars Magazine Forum

Diamond Reo Royale

A quick mock up for pg 3.  The top of the doors have the KW taper removed and the vent window has been relocated.  I have also pretty much have found all the little gremlins on the cab. Lots of Mr. Surfacer 500 to fill small imperfections. 

Now the real work starts - Making the cab mounts and cutting the grill where it will pivot.

Thanks for looking in :)

you do realize we have more than a week to do these builds, right?

lol, j/k man, this is looking fantastic, keep at it man!

Ha, you dont know me very well. The more I look at something the less I like it.  Those cab vents were aggravating  me the more I looked at them, so out came the chisel bladed knife and off they went.  Made 4 more up that are not so fat looking - back to fixing gremlins.

When I started this project I was using a computer drawing of a Reo Royale ,it was great for rough cab work. But my mistake was using it for vent dimensions,apparently they were exaggerated in size as to let you know they were there .

So after round four (yes I made 4 different sets) I am satisfied with these.  My other obstacle for the day was engineering the cab tilt.

I did dislodge the right side vent window though <_<

But other then that I real happy today ! ;)

Thanks for looking in

Rob - Thank you

JT - Great to see you stopping by and Thank you !

Mike - I am Not claiming to be an expert or building an exact replica but I sure will help you with what I have figured out on this one.

Gator - the tanks were way easier then modifying kit ones. Heck of a lot less sanding and filler work.

Today's little project - Rear cab mounts.  Once again I used my artistic license to manufacture these. The pads even pivot ;)

P1134454.jpg

Edited by Old Buckaroo

Brian - I am not using that transmission , it is just there for counterbalance. ;)

Kevin - Thank you for stopping by !

Slow progress, I built the double decker battery box and finished up the rear cab mounts.

And now I am dragging my feet - Piping , my Achilles Heel of a truck model.