Model Cars Magazine Forum

B.R.B.O. Bicentenial Mack Super-Liner

April Report.

I've started the engine block. The power plant for this truck is an E9 V8 Mack 500HP. It's from auslowe as a majority of the parts I got for this. Hopefully enough work to justify photos for next months update.

Ben. 

• 4 weeks later...

May report.

I haven't touched it since the last update. I'm looking forward to the holidays for some bench time. I have 2 university assessments to go this semester which is where a lot of my time is going. Cheers. 

Ben

• 5 weeks later...

image.thumb.jpeg.c38d4346b94c607b053f32dQJune update. Started modifying the hood/bonnet to australianise it and started the E9 V8. The Australian Mack Super-Liner mk2 has lower head lights and external aircleaners. I'm on leave in 3 weeks, so hopefully my July update has a lot more progress. Cheers.

Ben

• 2 weeks later...

This will most likely be my July update. I'm struggling at the moment. I go on holidays this weekend, so hopefully I'll be able to get back into the swing of things. I've lowered the head lights to make my super liner like an Australian version, plus cut out the intakes. I've started modifying the bull bar as well to match the real truck. I have a few projects on the bench. Would like to see something completed while on holiday. Might get my box stock California Hauler completed. Cheers for following.

Ben

• 1 month later...

image.thumb.jpeg.7081c85b52bbb604688cdefimage.thumb.jpeg.327adc28f340f48b84a51f1image.thumb.jpeg.a3db6c74e976f42f4971ed0image.thumb.jpeg.775e69bb18b04b85a93a288August update. Still trying to get the bonnet/hood sorted. I'm modifying the exhaust fittings. I'm also modifying an auslowe bull bar to make it straight up and down like the real truck. Also modifying an ertl dm600 front axle to fit. I'm near the middle of a university semester, so I will see how I go in the next month.  Enjoy. Ben

• 2 weeks later...

This might be my only September update. Hopefully I'll get it done. Work and uni takes up time. I'm combining parts from so many sources and everything needs modifying, so makes things harder to get done. Progress this month, back end assembled, front cross member modified and fitted, bonnet mud guards worked on and interior pieces Sussed out. Cheers.

Ben

image.thumb.jpeg.57d43c65f3aaffefbb18e22This project is fighting me the whole way. I need to get a shorter wheel base camel back rear suspension and shorten the chassis a little more. I'm also going to cast a more accurate front end based in an AMT r series. I don't think I'll make the deadline for BRBO, but I'm not worried. This project is something I've wanted to build since I was a kid and I'm glad I've started it.