Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell Mitsubishi Eclipse

engmecwilson

Hello, guys....

Kit with good fitting, but mechanical parts are very poor and interior is very "xuning", personally I prefer the original version.

Extras :

- Tires from Corvette 98 Revell
- Recaro seats made of resin
- Rear wing from RX7 Tamiya
- Brake discs from Fujimi
- Photoetcheds of seatbelts and logos from Mr. Model
- Steering wheel from BMW Hasegawa

ECLIPSE-148.jpg
ECLIPSE-149.jpeg
ECLIPSE-150.jpeg
ECLIPSE-151.jpeg
ECLIPSE-156.jpg
ECLIPSE-157.jpg
ECLIPSE-154.jpeg
ECLIPSE-153.jpeg
ECLIPSE-152.jpeg
ECLIPSE-158.jpeg

Comments and sugestions are welcome....

Great color, nice build. My favorite generation of the Eclipse. I've got a couple on the shelf but its been a looong time since I've looked in the box. Is the front facia a kit piece or aftermarket? I don't remember the Mitsubishi symbol in the radiator opening. Looks cool!

Walter, thank you....I prefer to work with paint overthinned....it lasts longer to cover primer, but in the end you have a very smooth surface....it is also important to have the primer surface very well sanded.

Jesse, thank you.....color is Violet from House of Kolors.

Mike, thank you....there is no secret....the more you thin the paint, the more your result will be a slick surface.....for clear is the same thing.....the only difference is the final layer of clear, where I apply a "wetter" layer, so it can dry already shining.....after this, just sand with 3000 sandpaper and then polish with Rubbing Compound and Automotive Wax.

Michael, I love this generation of Eclipse also.....In 2000 and 2001 I worked on a Mit dealer and drove a lot of these....I only change this one for a 3000GT !! The front bumper is from the kit, just removed the ugly radiator that comes injected on it....the Mit logo is a photoetched from Mr. Model (www.mrmodel.com.br) painted with clear red from Tamiya.....I removed from the grill letting the "connecting part" attached to it and then bent it....this worked as a support so PE could stand on it´s own.

Chris, thank you...

Nie, 謝謝...

If anybody wants pictures of assembly, I can send it...just send me an e-mail : engmecwilson@gmail.com

This is great, it's so nice to finally see one of these done up with some excellent skills. :)

Indeed. Revell made these in so much bad taste, and it's refreshing to see someone make the effort to turn it into an attractive model that would look good in full scale too.  

Justin, thank you...

Radames, until last october I worked at Swagelok, a company based at Cleveland....Solon Road....I went there a couple of times and liked a lot your city !!

It's a small world.  I know exactly where that  is at,  I work a couple of minutes from there myself.