Model Cars Magazine Forum

1936 Ford Coupe - updated 2/9

IceMan Collections

Thanks everyone.

Richard - for the color I'm thinking a flat mint green? I'd like a dark purple too.  Haven't decided.

JC - the wheels come with the repop kit. Tires are from Modelhaus.

Jason -  the coupe top aligns very well with the body. Comes with the trophy series version of the kit  No re-scribing of doors needed.

Love it, with a little finishing of the body seams it wouldn't look out of place in the K2 primer and a little dusting of guide coat to look like a project car that was just being driven to work the bugs out before final paint.

But I do like your dark purple idea, just for a test do yourself a test spoon in the dark purple with bright lime, both in pearls, you might really like it.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks Tony.  The engine is going through some changes to correct the fuel lines.

PB finally uploaded my pics. Here's a bit more.

Polished the grille that I'll be using. You can see the difference there of before and after. Painted black behind it so it stands out hopefully. And a few more mock ups now that the paint is close to being done.

IMG_3460.jpg
FullSizeRender.jpg
FullSizeRender%201.jpg
IMG_3462.jpg
IMG_3452.jpg
IMG_3454.jpg
IMG_3456.jpg
IMG_3457.jpg

Edited by iceman-555

Thanks Tony.  The engine is going through some changes to correct the fuel lines.

PB finally uploaded my pics. Here's a bit more.

Polished the grille that I'll be using. You can see the difference there of before and after. Painted black behind it so it stands out hopefully. And a few more mock ups now that the paint is close to being done.

IMG_3460.jpg
FullSizeRender.jpg
FullSizeRender%201.jpg
IMG_3462.jpg
IMG_3452.jpg
IMG_3454.jpg
IMG_3456.jpg
IMG_3457.jpg

.......that's a very nice build so far....engine looks great, and the car is quite tasty.....sharp work, for sure.....best,,,,the Ace.......;)

love it !!! paint ...engine ...looks great

mybe n idea for the grille , use the surround from the kit , cut out all the middle untill you only have the outside of the kitgrill , paint that bodycolor and cut the p/e grille to size of the hole and glue that in from behind .. could look awsome ??

just a brainfart ....