Model Cars Magazine Forum

花火

I was planning to make a Ferrari 330 P4 as 1st model of 2016. But after some thinking I hung up the P4 and make this one.

917, 1970 Le Mans winner. Porsche's first Le Mans champion after their long-years efforts in Le Mans.  I hope myself just like this car, in this special year, the very first year I left college and have a job.

Anyway, fujimi kit. I did some research works and I found that heller kits and fujimi kits have some differences. I can't tell whose body is right one, but I do think that fujimi kit is one nice kit. transparent parts fit very well.

just finished decals. Unluckily, the decals of fujimi are worst. WORST.

5687d0c7855c7_DSC00217_.thumb.jpg.79c6cd5687d0b7b3d92_DSC00216_.thumb.jpg.d46dba5687d0ab16818_DSC00213_.thumb.jpg.df3e0c

You sure do have a way with Decals (although you did have some problems like some minor wrinkles and a tear, it looks like you overcame most of them) and Photos. Nicely done in both. The 917K was one of my favorite Roadracing Coupes of all time. I'll follow along to see how this progresses!

You sure do have a way with Decals (although you did have some problems like some minor wrinkles and a tear, it looks like you overcame most of them) and Photos. Nicely done in both. The 917K was one of my favorite Roadracing Coupes of all time. I'll follow along to see how this progresses!

these decals are not good, for real. I made up my mind to cover those leaks and tears with some white paint after.^_^

I have this in the stash as well...the first LM winner for Porsche, the progenitor for a long line of LM winners, and established Porsche as a force in racing to this day.

I have such respect for this car that I'm a little intimidated to start it.

Any suggestions?

fujimi did well on the model, but lack on the decals. especially this one among all those 917s fujimi produced.

So the first thing and the last thing you need to care about, are the decals;)

anyway I've seen some compare between fujimi's 917 and Heller's 917, I don't know which one is correct, but fujimi really did well on the 917. althrough their 1971 917K has a wrong langheck...

good luck with your own 917 Tom! :D