Model Cars Magazine Forum

B.R.B.O. Dodge CNT 900

Might as well jump into the fray. The third and last of the FTB fleet. It will eventually pull the Revell car transporter. AITM cab, Plaskit spoke wheels, Snap Pete chassis, V10 engine, Paystar tanks and a few odds & sods.

spacer.png

Edited by landman

Pat great selection I've built 2 of these and both have car transporters behind them. Are you going to open up the hood and swing fenders?  

I was thinking on how to do that. the casting is pretty thick. Have you done it on yours?

Pat I have not but the next one I get I plan to. I believe that if you score the lines good and then finish it off with a razor saw it will come apart and then you would be able to thin the pieces.  It will look very impressive with the fenders opened and the hood up. 

Pat I have not but the next one I get I plan to. I believe that if you score the lines good and then finish it off with a razor saw it will come apart and then you would be able to thin the pieces.  It will look very impressive with the fenders opened and the hood up. 

I'm terrified of wasting an expensive resin piece. I wonder which would work best Guitarsam's rod & tube method or those mimi piano hinges?

The photoetch hinges are a real hair puller!!  Years of building armor w pe usually is a breeze , but these were challenging to say the least!!

I used mini hinges for the Oshkosh mixer, and loved how simple they could be. Cut to length,  glue on, and move on...I ordered the 6 inch one . Comes preassembled.

http://www.phoenixmodeldevelopments.com/acatalog/The_Phoenix_Miniature_Hinge_Range.html

Edited by gotnitro?