Model Cars Magazine Forum

I have an issue..... ANYONE?????

Have you contacted Micro Nitro to buy sleeves?

Didn't know they made sleeves! Pricey?

EDIT:

Forgot to ask, they have a website by chance? (I'm sorry, I've been back to model cars in the past 2 years so a lot I'm not familiar with) and have to ask these things!

Edited by 426-Hemi
See EDIT:

Didn't know they made sleeves! Pricey?

EDIT:

Forgot to ask, they have a website by chance? (I'm sorry, I've been back to model cars in the past 2 years so a lot I'm not familiar with) and have to ask these things!

They  do have a facebook page. Not sure about how to order or there prices. 

Clearly Scale also might be able to help . 

Look in the aftermarket section. John. 

Edited by 1930fordpickup

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Thanks everyone for the replies! 

Sorry for the really LATE reply, I had some serious computer issues that wasn't allowing me to sign in to the site! SO, it took me since that time till most recently to be able to sign in. EVERY time I went to sign in, it time out on me! So.....

Anyway, I have located rims for in these tires for my "Dream Truck" build! I actually found a set of Mopar "Rallye" that fit, and have the space to add a custom made "bead-lock" ring to them too! SO, I'm pretty happy, and appreciate everyone's thoughts and insight on this as I wanted something so specific for this particular build.....

This build:

http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/topic/107712-my-dream-truck-1978-from-the-90s-when-i-had-a-real-one/

Thanks again everyone!

• 6 years later...

I'm well aware this is a now ancient thread, but, wanted to throw some related information out, in the slightly rare event someone (else) comes across it while seeking "custom rims"...

Although I've recently made some wide, 17mm od (X 15mm id) rims (aluminum sleeves), they're for wide pro-street rear meats on a custom (85 Cadillac) build, still in progress. But, I also needed Super Swamper sleeves, which (in my case, are later BNL made, of a somewhat flexible black rubber-like resin) and require a 20mm od tubing, and mine came with an 18mm id (in addition I needed a 2nd 12" long piece for an unrelated hobby project). What I did was Google 20mm od X 18mm id aluminum tubing. I ended up finding several Ebay sellers offering them, but all were in China. Having no other options, I picked one, selling 3 pieces about 12 inches long, each. Although it did take "forever" to arrive (1st shipment got lost making it take even longer...), they finally showed up.

For my custom Cadillac rims/sleeves, I measured the length needed and marked them. I used a small tubing cutter (2nd smallest typically found - 1 size above the smallest model) which worked great. I then used a Dremel rubber-sleeve sanding drum (largest of the 3, I think) with a thin plastic cap slid over it (my cap came from small brass fittings, as thread protectors, but some tape wraps might work) to hold a cut sleeve in the Dremel. You only want about 50% engagement of the drum into one side/end of the sleeve. At low speed, I held one end up against a short (about 3.5" long) hand held, 3-cutter 45° blade, deburring tool, to taper and smooth the inner edges. You can use the same drum to sand, then polish the sleeves, one side at a time. I dug up a random metal "axel" to fit some kit (70 JoHan Eldorado) wheel centers - wheels - hubcaps, to spin-sand the outer diameter (to fit inside the sleeves) with the Dremel as well. This was also at a slow speed with 400 grit, as I only needed minor outer diameter removal, and I also didn't want to lose any wheel detail. 2-part epoxy will be used to hold both the wheel centers and the vinyl kit tires in place, after roughing up the outside of the sleeves first. Using this, admittedly time consuming method, does give you the option for almost any wheel width and offset, you could possibly want, or need...

If you're using tires with some other inner diameter (smaller/larger?) you might get lucky and find some (as I did with the 17mm X 15mm tubing & a "spare" 5/8" od piece) aluminum tubing made by a US supplier (K&S Metals, as one possibility), or possibly a supplier in what ever country you're in. You will need to pay close attention to the wheel od and tubing id, in addition to the tire id, tubing od.

Edited by Lone Wolf