Model Cars Magazine Forum

B.R.B.O Revell Alaska Pete tridem dump july update I'm out

Well I finally made up my mind what to build for this contest. The Revell Alaska hauler converted to a heavy dump .using the Italeri heavy duty dump body.

Not sure yet on what wheels and tires I will use.

Be Well

Gator

DSCN3117.JPG

Edited by gatorincebu

Jacobus, Pat , Rob, Sean,

Thanks guys for your support and for stopping by.

Sean I bought the Alaska hauler conventiona( three kits two different releases ) and four of the triple  screw COEs way back when. The Coe's two are  started an packed away somewhere. And two are still fresh kits. And the one for this  project is a fresh kit. I am however working on some of the parts for the other one as well. I figure I will make use of all the time at the bench.and also have back up parts should I mess anything up.

Be Well

Gator

Greetings Everyone,

This will be my last update on this project  until the middle of February.

I got the Italeri dump body  modified to the legnth I want . I made it a little shorter than you would expect I could have made it a half to one inch longer..

But this truck is used more for heavy hauls than it is a dump. So the whole dunpbody and frame lift off the chassis .So the truck and pull trailers.

Practical ??? But it kinda makes sense to me. And that is my story and I'm sticking to it!! lol

I am also going to use those good looking diamond plate fenders that come in the Revell kit.

Comments and or criticism welcome.

Be Well

Gator

DSCN3118.JPG

DSCN3119.JPG

That is a good idea Gator. That set up was popular here. Summertime a dump truck , winter produce hauler.

Jeff,

Thanks for stopping by  letting me know about that. If you can get any photos they would be greatly appreciated.

Either way I will figure out some sort of a system for it.

Be Well

Gator