Model Cars Magazine Forum

What kits,etc.did you have once and wish you could find another..?

Aurora Demolition Demon '56 Ford (real pricey now)

Aurora Meat Wagon Packard ambulance (also pricey)

Aurora Alfa Romeo (tough to find for some reason; used to see 'em all over)

AMT '61 Ford Sunliner (not too tough to find since it was reissued later in the '60s; AMT dropped the ball losing the molds)

AMT Craftsman '59 Continental

Jo-Han '67 Chrysler convertible promo (dark green) (played with to death)

Jo-Han '69 Cadillac promo (light brown) (also played with to death)

I've got an incomplete one if you need it; I'll send a PM once I dig it out and inventory it.

Chris....I have a old nice build up of the 60 Lincoln convertible...?

AMT '62 Buick Special wagon

Jo-Han '69 and '70 Road Runner and GTX

AMT '60 Buick hardtop-the first kit I ever built myself(at age 5 1/2)

MPC '71 Firebird Formula

MPC' 70 Trans Am(to compliment my still un-finished original kit)

AMT '64 Galaxie convertible with the working lights

AMT '65,'66,or '67 Falcon

I realize that most (or all)of these are obtainable on the massive auction site but I'm talking for reasonable pricing,not second mortgage or lotto winner territory.

Had several of the 1/8 ones that were very nice, would love to have them back, but finding a place to put them:

1985 Corvette 1/8 scale

IROC Camaro 1/8 scale

Golden T Street Rod 1/8

Also had some others that were pretty nice.  Most of my older kits weren't that rare:

Jo-Han 1964 Cadillac

Aurora/Revellogram Aston-Marton DB4

Pretty much most of the ones I used to have are still relatively easily available.

I built an tracked excavator in 1:24-25ish scale once in the mid 70's...unfortunately I threw it away as it was quite poorly built (read gluebomb) as my skills wasn't that good at the time,  I don't know the manufacturer of the kit but it could have been Asian or something like that...the kit was molded in orange so it could have been a Hitachi or similar...I don't remember exactly as it was around 40 years ago and I have never seen this kit since.
That one I would like to have again as it would have been a nice load for a lowboy trailer.

Edited by Force

The only car model that I can recall that I'd really like to have again, is the old AMT '59 El Camino w/camper. I've managed to do an end run around the problem by grabbing a '59 and a '65, then robbing the camper from the '65, but it would be really cool to have a mint copy of the original kit.

Other than that, most that I want can usually still be found for reasonable prices, even if no longer in production.

Other than all of the 1/24 vintage sports and racing cars I lost in a fire (Heller, Tamiya, nine MFH Ferrari kits, HRM Cobra Daytona, etc.), of the more traditional 1/25 kits that I had as a kid and wouldn't mind getting a hold of now are:

- "The Wild Ones" MPC '29 Model A woody/pickup w/Hot Curl, the Stingray bicycle and great, edgy box art;

- AMT "Wild Dream" and "King (Don Tognotti's) T" double kit;

- Johan '66 Olds Toronado;

- and there's a whole slew of early- to mid-'60s annuals and promos that I wouldn't mind getting my hands on.

I was able to bag a couple of holy grails such as a factory-sealed flat-box Johan '67 Eldorado (no tire melt!), Revell '66-'67(?) release of their VW Microbus w/box art graphics that aped the BBDO VW display ads of the day (I had a 1/1 '66 21-window sunroof bus with the same paint scheme as the box model), and a factory sealed,1st release, Revell Porsche Carrera Speedster.

There's probably a few more I could think of, but I already have way too many kits so I try not to think too hard about it.   

Even though I did not have these kit's before, I did manage to get them because I always wanted these: original kits, 1958 Nomad, 1960 nomad, 1966 Johan Ambulance (got 3 ) and I just won a 1968 Cadillac Convertible off ebay.  As for kit's that I had when I was young that long ago were destroyed, and since then I've replaced : Transtar 4070 a, Transtar F-4270, S-Series F-2575, Transtar II, Transtar 4300, and the IH Scout

There's a ton of them out there.

How cheap is another story.

I have a body laying around some where, but nothing else to go with it.

Steve

Correct. I'm not the sort to pay $40+ for a model. There are lots of kits from $5-$25 that I'd like to build as well so paying a lot seems a waste. Odds are I'm going to kit-bash it anyway, 

Revell L.A.P.D. Tony Foti Camaro

I have one of those in the original box that I picked up at a show, but when I opened it one side of the cage is missing. I assume that any of the correct body style pro stock kits could donate the missing piece. Wasn't that kit just reissued recently?

In model cars, the Aurora Maserati, and spy version of the Aston Martin, had both at the same time and got them painted, then went on a summer vacation with my cousin for a month and when I got home my mom had cleaned my room and decided I wasn't going to build them and tossed them out. 

And when I was around five I received a birthday present from an aunt that I've never seen another one like it, it was an early fifties Pontiac sedan and came with the jack, a box of tools and you could jack it up and unbolt the tires, all four were held on with lug nuts under the hub caps, and the spare was in the trunk and it would fit the car correctly. It was also possible to remove the engine and transmission, I think it was meant to be an educational toy for me, and it was. It probably started a life long trek to dismantle every car I've ever owned at one time or another, except the wife's last Optima, and her new one. It's also strange that those are the only two vehicles I've ever had that I've never found out what the top speed was, but there's still time for the new one, it's almost a year old and only has about 6,000 miles on it..

I have one of those in the original box that I picked up at a show, but when I opened it one side of the cage is missing. I assume that any of the correct body style pro stock kits could donate the missing piece. Wasn't that kit just reissued recently?

Not that I am aware, but i could be wrong